babychic

any mums near purfleet?

Includes Aveley, Bulphan Chadwell St Mary, Chafford Hundred, Corringham, East Tilbury, Fobbing Grays, Horndon-on-the-Hill, Orsett, Purfleet, South Ockendon, Stanford-le-Hope, Stifford, Tilbury, West Thurrock
Atomicsimba
Newborn
Newborn

any mums near purfleet?

#1 Unread post by Atomicsimba » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Immune to a three week old and 22 month old. Any mums near purfleet who would like to meet?

Atomicsimba
Newborn
Newborn

Re: any mums near purfleet?

#2 Unread post by Atomicsimba » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Lol, predictive text! I meant I have a three week old!!!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi I am not from your area but thought I would say Hi.

I am Gina, mum to Mia and Mason, we live in Westcliff. Why not join us in our daily thread, is a good way to get to know people. Just go to 'Bit of a Chat' and in there is each days daily chat.

Welcome to the site x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Welcome to Essex Mums - I'm not near you but thought I would say hello anyway! I'm Louise, I live in Westcliff and have three kids - Felix who is 6 next week, Iris who is 4 and Dexter who is 16 weeks today!

Congrats on your new arrival! How are you finding it all?

sparkleystar1
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by sparkleystar1 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi, im amy and I am in ockendon so not that far. I have a 2 year 8 month old little boy. Moved from London a few years ago and don't have many friends in this area. Would be nice to not feel alone especially as my friends in London dont have kids. X

Jeanette
The Nanny

#6 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi there. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Atomicsimba
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by Atomicsimba » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm finding having two little ones a bit of a nightmare at the moment but hoping things settle down. hi Amy, I moved from east London two years ago and don't know anyone from near here. I tend to travel back and forth just to meet family as I too can get lonely especially as I'm on maternity leave. Ockendon isn't far at all. Are you a stay at home mum? I'm not able to drive for a few more weeks (c section) but would be great to meet up and get to know each other x

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 pm

You have a similar age gap to my two eldest - they were 21 1/2 months apart and you have my sympathy! To be honest the first six months of Iris's life are a bit of a blur. I do feel a bit bad about that, and that I felt so much was really hard work at the time, but now they are the best of friends (most of the time!). Felix doesn't remember life before Iris, and she is close enough to him in age that they've generally been able to enjoy the same things etc. and can play with each other's friends without there being too much difference between them all. It does get better, honest!

sparkleystar1
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by sparkleystar1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 am

I use to live in east london too, where abouts did you use to live? I am a stay at home mum now. I was at uni in my first year of nursing, but as soon as I went onto placement I was doing 12 1/2 hour shifts 3-4 days a week,it meant that on the weekends he was with his dad I wouldn't see him. Plus leaving the house at 6 in the morning and getting back at 9 wasnt fair on such a lilltle thing and make the execitive decision that now isnt the right time (esp as me and my boyfriend will try and start our own family soon)

Yeah that will be really nice :) x

sparkleystar1
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by sparkleystar1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 am

I use to live in east london too, where abouts did you use to live? I am a stay at home mum now. I was at uni in my first year of nursing, but as soon as I went onto placement I was doing 12 1/2 hour shifts 3-4 days a week,it meant that on the weekends he was with his dad I wouldn't see him. Plus leaving the house at 6 in the morning and getting back at 9 wasnt fair on such a lilltle thing and make the execitive decision that now isnt the right time (esp as me and my boyfriend will try and start our own family soon)

Yeah that will be really nice :) x

Atomicsimba
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by Atomicsimba » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks weezypops, had a mini breakdown in front of hubby yesterday about how I don't think I can cope! Glad to hear it gets better.

Amy, I used to live in forest gate which is very different to purfleet. Kind of miss the hustle and bustle sometimes but like the peace and quiet. My job involves long hours too so totally understand ur decision. I wish I could afford to leave work as I think I would do the same. What part of east London you from? X

sparkleystar1
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by sparkleystar1 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I get like that too, feel like im the only mum who feels it. I use to live in hackney but I prefer being away from london especially hackney. What do you do fr work then? I know what you mean about the financial side, its hard but eventually ill get into work. As long as the bills are paid thats what matters atm oh and food lol x

sparkleystar1
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by sparkleystar1 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I get like that too, feel like im the only mum who feels it. I use to live in hackney but I prefer being away from london especially hackney. What do you do fr work then? I know what you mean about the financial side, its hard but eventually ill get into work. As long as the bills are paid thats what matters atm oh and food lol x

weezypops
Site Guru

#14 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Atomicsimba wrote:Thanks weezypops, had a mini breakdown in front of hubby yesterday about how I don't think I can cope! Glad to hear it gets better.
Don't worry, I have had many of those!

The two of you should come and post in the daily thread (today's is called something like Sweltering Sunday, then there will be a new one tomorrow) - it's a really nice way of getting to know everyone and is a good way of having a vent if you're feeling a bit under pressure!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#15 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes definitely a good way of getting to know each other. The daily chat is in a section called 'A bit of a chat'.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “Thurrock”