babychic

New to the site

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
sall55
Newborn
Newborn

New to the site

#1 Unread post by sall55 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am

Hello, I'm Samantha, live in Leigh on Sea and new to Essex Mums. I'm married and have a 21 month old daughter.
Just before returning to work after my maternity leave last Christmas I was made redundant (well took voluntary redundancy, but it wasn't really a voluntary choice!!) and subsequently I have been trying to work out what to do career-wise so that I can have a work life balance. During my year's maternity leave, I never found a lovely music class for my daughter - whatever I tried was too loud and hectic for me, so I've decided to set up Little Maestros - music classes for babies and children delivered in a clam, nurturing environment. Classes are age specific - 0-12 months and 1-2 years and will be held in Leigh on Sea and Shoeburyness.

You're probably thinking, not another music class and the nature of music is loud - but music can also be calm and controlled, even when playing percussion instruments and singing and dancing and I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would like their babies to participate with music, but in a calm way.

I think another reason as to why I didn't find a suitable class, is that I've worked in the music industry for more than 15-years for two orchestras and more recently a creative arts charity, which I co-founded. I have therefore had loads of experience running high quality music projects and workshops and will bring this knowledge and experience to Little Maestros. Please take a look at our ad on Essex Mums home page and get in touch if you would like more information.

Thank you

Samantha

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: New to the site

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Welcome to the site Samantha, you might like to come and chat if you have a spare moment!

Jeanette
The Nanny

Re: New to the site

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Samantha. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “Southend”