babychic

New Girl

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
Tracyx
Lover
Lover

New Girl

#1 Unread post by Tracyx » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi, My name is Tracy, we moved to Southend just over a year ago and would love to make some new friends. We have 3 children, Tilly aged 13, Tiannah aged 4 and Freddie aged 2. What with the move away from all our family and friends, finding schools and nursery etc for the kids finding friends for myself has been put on hold. I would love to talk to some adults!!!!!!

Jeanette
The Nanny

Re: New Girl

#2 Unread post by Jeanette » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Tracy. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Tracy and welcome to Essex Mums.

Where did you move from? Why Southend?

I am Gina, mum to Mia and Mason. This is a lovely site and have made some great friends as has my daughter. Join us in the daily chat it is a good way to get to know people.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Tracy, I'm Louise and I live in Westcliff with my husband Kester and our kids, Felix who is 5 and Iris who is 3. We have another on the way, due in March.

Hope you find the forum friendly - we're a nice bunch and it's always great to have someone new posting!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#5 Unread post by Tracyx » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi,
We moved from Surrey near Heathrow Airport, house prices were unbelievable compared to here. We were going to retire eventually to the coast but decided to do it sooner so the kids could enjoy it too. Our eldest daughter was just going into Secondary School so it seemed the perfect time. My husband John works in the City so commuting from here is perfect!!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#6 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Tracey.

I'm Emma

My family and I just moved here in December so I'm in very much the same situation as you. My son Finn is 4 and my daughter Isla will be 2 in March.

Like you we were able to get so much more for our money here and the kids already love it.

There seems to be a few other mums from Southend on here so hopefully a meet up will be in the cards soon. Whereabouts in Southend are you?

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 am

There is a lovely group in Westcliff at Trinity that I have been saying I will go to one Monday morning. Maybe be nice to meet you girls if you would like to x

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am

Maybe we can arrange a little coffee morning or something in half-term? I'd be happy to host!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am

That would be great Lou but only if you are up to it, dont want you overdoing things and then paying for it xxx

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

Well I might need some help making coffees but other than that should be fine!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#11 Unread post by Tracyx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Emma,
We are in Boscombe Road, just inbetween Town and Southchurch, which is another reason we moved, as I don't drive everything is within walking distance!! Where abouts are you? My daughter Tiannah is just 4 too, she goes to Hamstel nursery. My son Freddie is 2 and will be 3 in May. Our eldest Tilly is just 13 and has settled in well. There is so much more for them to do here. They all love it here too. A meet up sounds good.

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 am

Oh, I've just remembered, we have our loft conversion starting that week so might be better to arrange a lunch somewhere or something!

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#13 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm

You're very close to me. I'm the nice end of York road near Southchurch Hall.

What's Hamstel nursery like? There was no info on their website. Do they run specific sessions? I'm not that keen on Finns nursery at moment so considering changing before the next term.

I'd be happy to meet somewhere for a lunch date or even over mine for a coffee (we're still in the transitional phase however!)
Emma

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#14 Unread post by Tracyx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

I didn't realise York Road went that far!! We actually looked at a house in York road, but it was at the other end!!

Hamstel Nursery is great, Tiannah loves it, she went to Oakhouse Montessori in Wimborne Road before and I had murders with her, now she loves school. She has to do afternoon sessions as she is one of the older ones, they give the morning sessions to the younger ones first. She does 12.30 - 3,30.I think the morning sessions are 8.30 - 11.30. I have Freddie's name down for Sept. Is a bit of a walk, works out I'm doing nearly 4 miles a day!! but we looked at most of the schools and nurseries and it is a good one, Temple Sutton is outstanding I believe.

Have you still got boxes coming out of your ears!! We were quite lucky, we moved from a 2 bedroom to a 4 so didnt have that much furniture when we moved, although we are pretty good at putting it all together now!! HAHA!

Transitional phase! After a year and a bit we have finally just ordered wardrobes for our bedroom!!
What time does Finn go to nursery?

There is a Play and Stay at the Childrens Centre in Hamstel School on a Thursday afternoon, 1.30 - 3.30. Which I was going to try tomorrow, it is for kids between 2-5. I need to get Freddie mixing with someone other than his sisters!! I have been looking for places to take him on his own but everything seems to be in the mornings and of course I have Tiannah home then which I didn't want.

Tracy

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#15 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Thankfully there's only a few boxes to be unpacked but pretty much every room needs decorating. My husband won't let me anywhere near DIY projects so it's going to be a slow process with bits only getting done at the weekends.

have to check that out. He's currently doing full day Mondays and Friday's and morning only on Wednesday. I quite like that it gives us a couple of full days together.

One of the ladies on here (Rachel) runs a toddler group on Thursday mornings at Holy trinity next to the White Horse pub. I went week before last and am going again tomorrow. You could bring both of them there. Finn was one of the older ones but still enjoyed it.

If mine arn't too tired after I may bring them to the children's centre. Islas not yet 2 though so would it be a problem? It would give me a chance to have a nosey at the nursery.

Return to “Southend”