babychic

New Girl

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: New Girl

#31 Unread post by Gina73 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm

My friends kids go to Hamstel and she is happy with the school and her older boy is at Cecil Jones and she is happy with him there x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#32 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 pm

I think you always here bad things about schools, I've heard some really bad things about Futures College, but I think its best to go for a viewing and go with your gut instinct. She has had some problems with the girls but don't you always. We did say that if she moved to an all girls school the problems could be worse!! I can't believe how nasty some of them are!!!!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#33 Unread post by Gina73 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:50 pm

My daughter goes to Westborough in Westcliff and we hadnt heard good things about the school but we went for a look around and was quite impressed. She started at the nursery and is now in Year 2 and we have been really happy with her there, she is doing well and has made some lovely friends. The early start at 7.55 and early finish at 1.30 with free afterschool clubs on a Mon-Thurs til 3.10 fit in with my working pattern and in the summer it is nice that she finishes at 1.30 and we can go and do stuff in the afternoon.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#34 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Wow, that is an early start, but brilliant in the summer finishing at that time. Why do they do that? It does go to show that you are better off looking for yourself. When I talk to my Nephews from back home they hated there school and said the teachers were rubbish and didn't help at all, we are very lucky that so far, both our girls love school and get on really well. It's probably going to be our monster Freddie that is the nightmare!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#35 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 pm

The Thursday group is at holy trinity hall on southchurch boulevard. Jenn and Emma go and ginas mason comes with his childminder.c

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#36 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I also go to the salvation army one on southchurch road. (next to the electrical shop and what used to be the apprentice trust. That's a nice one too! It's on Fridays

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#37 Unread post by Gina73 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Tracyx wrote:Wow, that is an early start, but brilliant in the summer finishing at that time. Why do they do that? It does go to show that you are better off looking for yourself. When I talk to my Nephews from back home they hated there school and said the teachers were rubbish and didn't help at all, we are very lucky that so far, both our girls love school and get on really well. It's probably going to be our monster Freddie that is the nightmare!
Yes is early but with both my husband and I starting work at 8 it fits in and my husband works just round the corner from the school. They do the continental hours and get all the curriculum done before lunch, it is to do with kids slumping after lunch and seems to work. At the end of the day if the kid wants to learn it will. Mia loves school and was a free reader before the end of year 1. The after school clubs are great and they have a wide variety to choose from - between 20-30 each day. You put the 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice down at the end of each term for the next term and then they do that club for the next term. Mia at the moment is doing 'computer club', 'cheerleading' and 'cookery' on the 3 days she does after school club.

Return to “Southend”