babychic

southend mum

Includes Chalkwell, Westcliff, Prittlewell, Shoeburyness, Leigh-on-Sea, Eastwood, Southchurch
ava's mummy
Newborn
Newborn

southend mum

#1 Unread post by ava's mummy » Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Hello! Is there any mother and baby groups in southend, that they make you feel welcome when yu walk in the door! If so where, times anddays! Thank u

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: southend mum

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri May 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm sure Rachel, Jenn, Helena and Gemma will be able to point you in the right direction.

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 pm

I used to go to Edward Bear at St Peter's Church near the hospital on a tues and Thurs, but it was a while ago. The Stay and Play group at Little Treasures in Westcliff is nice too - think it's on a wednesday morning.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 am

Hi ya!

Where is Southend are you? I am Southchurch based.

Yeah - Rachel runs one on a Thursday morning at Holy Trinity that you can just turn up to. It is very nice - although when you first arrive - it does feel like everyone knows each other but you just have to make sure you change seat as your child moves around and smile etc because we don't all know each other but because it is friendly - it looks that way - iykwim? (I have rambled LOL)

Then Hamstel CHildrens centre do Stay and Play on Tuesday Afternoon which can be okay depending who else is there - I go most weeks. But they also do groups like baby yoga and music.

Belle Vue Baptist is mega friendly - the staff are so chatty but there is a waiting list! It is a Tuesday morning and they have a silly rule where you cannot go past your 3rd birthday (even like a sensible big brother of 12) but very nice. They have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/327837267244063/ or if you turn up on a Tuesday - I think they let you stay that day but then you have to wait?

Those are the ones that I got to but my friends also go to the one on SOuthchurch Road at the Salvation Army on a Friday morning and say it is nice.

And my sons teacher runs one called Tiddlywinks. It is only every other Saturday - but it is very good. It is at Ferndale church (I think) This is the old facebook page but there is a new one http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tiddl ... 3046600945

HTH?

Return to “Southend”