babychic

New Mum to Be in Rayleigh

Includes Rayleigh, Hockley, Ashingdon, Great Wakering, Canewdon and Hullbridge
beckyb123
Newborn
Newborn

New Mum to Be in Rayleigh

#1 Unread post by beckyb123 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself as i came across this site looking for classes/meet ups for Mums to be.

I'm Becky, 27 from Rayleigh and i am 25 weeks pregnant with my first baby, he is due in July- i'm very excitited about my soon to be arrival but also have the odd day where i am completely overwhelmed and anxious!

I'd love to hear from people in the area; expectant, new or first time mums!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: New Mum to Be in Rayleigh

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome to the site Becky - there are a few people from Rayleigh on here, and a few of us who are pregnant too so you've come to the right place! :lol: I'm Louise, I'm 32 and live in Westcliff. I have two kids, Felix who is 3 and Iris who is nearly 2 and another on the way, due at the end of October.

How are you finding pregnancy so far?

beckyb123
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by beckyb123 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Louise,

I'm finding pregnancy a mixture of emotions! Some days i feel great others im a bit emotional to say the least.. luckily i have a few more of the great days!

I cant believe how quickly its going though, i;ve gone from being 7 weeks pregnany to 25 weeks in what feels like days and i know its only going to fly by even quicker in the last few months where ill be busy finishing work and preparing for the big day!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Becky

Welcome. I'm Jenny. I am no longer pregnant but mum to James who is now 6 weeks. Also to William who is almost 4!

I see you say 'he' haave you any names for him yet?

When are you planning on starting maternity leave?

Jeanette
The Nanny

#5 Unread post by Jeanette » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Becky. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

beckyb123
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by beckyb123 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Jenny, he is indeed a he and will be called Jack.. it was a name i started calling him very early on and it seems to have stuck and i cant imagine calling him anything else now!

How are you finding it being a new mum to James with a 4 year old?

I'm starting to wind down at work but reducing to a 4 day week but officially start my maternity leave 30th June.. it cant come quick enough!

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#7 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi Becky.

I'm also a rayleigh mummy. My names nicky, i have 2 boys, mitchell who's 5 and jamie who's 20 months :D

Theres some nice toddler group in rayleigh. What end of rayleigh are you? i'm off London Road xx

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

mummy_linda
Explorer
Explorer

#8 Unread post by mummy_linda » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Becky (and Nicky!)
I'm also in Rayleigh... Grove school area.
I'm Linda and i'm mummy to Ethan who is 2yrs 7 months and another little one due 22nd September.
I agree with Nicky, there are lots of lovely toddler groups, breastfeeding group and also bits and bobs on at the soon-to-be-opened children's centres! 2 (1 at each end of Rayleigh)
I did feel fairly relaxed during my first pregnancy, but found it very overwhelming when my little man arrived, wish i'd known about all of the support locally that there is. Much more relaxed this time around though xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10726;443/st/20080829/n/Ethan/dt/5/k/497b/age.png[/img]
[/url]

beckyb123
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by beckyb123 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 pm

HI Nicky and LInda

I'm at the heading towards Eastwood end of Rayleigh- by the Silver Jubilee.

Its good to know there are groups and childrens centres due to open! I am planning to breastfeed and it something that I dont have many friends who have children or any on the way so i want to make sure i know lots of people at a similar stage to me so i dont feel too overwhelmed by everthing. Do you know of any Mum to Be groups that i could go along to before the little one arrives? I should start my antenatal classes soon so they will be a good place to start i suppose.

I'm fairly relaxed most days but there is just so much infomation thrown at you at once! My little one wasnt planned so i wasnt in the baby frame of mind when i first found out i was pregnant so its all a little daunting at times and im still trying to get used to my body not being my own anymore! :shock:

How do you find it on Essexmums? I've been using babycentre but thought it would be nice to find something where everyone is local and more community like!

Jay6393
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by Jay6393 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Becky

Im a newbie too....only joined last week, and so far everyone seems very friendly on here.
Im Jaime and live in Westcliff with my husband and we are expecting our first baby on 19/09/2011 (4 months so far)
I too am full of emotions, sometimes it feels like your on a rollercoaster with up's and downs doesnt it, but all surely worth it.
Anyway hope to chat some more
Take care
xx
Hello my name is Jaime and my first baby is due 19/09/2011

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#11 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Ahh i'm sure your be fine when your baby arrives, things just seem to fall in to place and fall into routines. When i found out i was pregnant with mitchell me and my husband had only been together 6 weeks when i found out i was 4 weeks pregnant so we were still getting to know each other while my body was going through lots of chances, it was strange to think he had only really ever known me pregnant, stroppy and hormonal lol x

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#12 Unread post by rachel jane » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi i am Rachel from Southchurch and mum to a 5 and 6 year old and a nearly 11 month old and stepmum to an 11. My daughter was born on the 16th july whats your due date?

beckyb123
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by beckyb123 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi Rachel, Im due on 21st July so i have a long hot summer ahead of me! The heat of just the last couple of days has completely wiped me out and cause my feel to expand!

weezypops
Site Guru

#14 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Aw you have my sympathy Rachel - my son was born on July 11th and we were living in Chicago at the time which gets extremely humid in the summer. I remember being enormous and waddling my sweaty way to ante-natal appointments hoping for the end to come soon! My daughter was due in April and I thought it would be better but it was boiling too! I'm kind of glad this one is due in October!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#15 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Hey ya lovey and welcome to essexmums :D
Congrats on your bubba boy hun.
Im Gemma, live in Westcliff and married to Dom and we have a 5 year old son called Jack (gawjus name I must say) :lol: Our 2nd lil boy Ace is due in August :D Simply cannot wait :D
I no what you mean about flying by pregnancy, scary tho isnt it.

Hope you find this site useful and the girls are lovely. Hope the pregnancy is going ok. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “Rochford”