babychic

6 - 8 yrs - The Big Kids

weezypops
Site Guru

6 - 8 yrs - The Big Kids

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 am

Learning so much and becoming the big kids.

Sarah White
Newborn
Newborn

Re: 6 - 8 yrs - The Big Kids

#2 Unread post by Sarah White » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 pm

My eldest son Callum is 7 years old. He's gone into the Juniors this year at school and so far seems to be doing well and the other week got put into the top group for maths. Before the summer holidays I took part in a course called Development for Boys and one of the first things we were all asked to do was describe our sons, that is one hard thing to do especially when you have a child like Callum. lol. For the most part he's a happy go lucky kid but boy those temper tantrums are huge and fully of emotion. I swear too that he's already a teenager. However he loves his little brother Riley to bits which having been an only child until riley came along is a huge relief for hubby and I as we did worry how he would handle another person having our attention. He makes me very proud with how he has been with everything.

twinklepaws
Student
Student

#3 Unread post by twinklepaws » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi. I have Ben who is 6, will be 7 in december. Typical boy, he is obsessed with football. :D
Mummy to Callum Josh Ben Ollie Alfie & Mia

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#4 Unread post by Gillybean » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:46 pm

my daughter Abigail has just started juniors and she seems to be liking it, has a great teacher who understands her and doesn't get cross when is asked to repeat everything she has just told the class to Abigail who forgets and wasn't listening and even lets her take herself off to a desk by herself when she needs to concentrate.

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by rachel jane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Connie is in year 2 at school and doing really well shes is good at everything at school so no worries there. Shes a typical girlie girl and the spitting image of me when i was that age. She swims, dances and loves playing with her friends.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#6 Unread post by Gillybean » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Dilkon os now 6 so in this category lol, he seems to have had a personality transplant and gone from being the quiet, shy mummy's boy to swearing, being rude, hyperactive in doctors, offices, opticians, shops and cafe's and well he was always defiant, are other 6 year olds like this

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by rachel jane » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Connie is getting a bit of an attitude at the moment its not really bad but i've asked about and all her mates are likee it so i guess its just a phase.

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:48 am

bump

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Connie is in year 3 now and again on top table. She seems to really like her teacher and wants to impress her all the time so she loves school.
She is always at one of her friends house or they are at ours and their fave game is teachers they will play it for hours and hours even after a full day at school!
She does karate and is yellow belt and doing her orange in december. She goes to brownies and girls brigade and gymnastics and loves it all.
She is getting to that age where she has an attitude so i have had to lay down a few rules and am sure this phase will pass, although she does remind me alot of my sister sometimes which is scary.
Shes a crazy girl who never stops moving ever she is hyper all the time. :lol:

Schmushe
Blissful

#10 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Well done Connie

Just had Joshs Parent teacher meeting, he is achieving well above national expectations at nearly a 4c level for everything, we went through his next lot of targets for mid next year.
He is doing Spanish as a outside activity after school, and will take part in Bikeability which teaches you how to ride your bike safely.
Hes learnt how to swim without any floats in 3 weeks and now can swim backwards too - he swims mainly under water but can do it, so not complaining!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Ah well done Josh. I remember when Ted learnt to swim he could swim better underwater aswell it must be natural.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#12 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am

Bless Jack the mac is doing really at school well bless him. He really amazes us He is also a very popular lil man which is also lovely.
He is a very happy lil man who is really loving and apreciates alot in life I feel.
Jack became a big brother and since his lil brother has been born he has done nothing but love him muchly. He has done us proud all round.
He does enjoy his Football and Street Dance out of school. His new passion is Scooting. He has recently got a Stunt Scooter so we spend alot of time at Chalkwell on the ramps.
He is growing up way too fast for our liking. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#13 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Well since I last posted Dillon still seems to be a pickle with attitude lol

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#14 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 pm

^ ^ :lol:
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#15 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Was just thinking about how some of the kids who are now in this group were just babies when the site started - how crazy is that?!

Return to “Parenting”