Site Guru

2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

Smart, sassy and lots of fun!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: 2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:34 am

Felix fits in here. He's a very sweet, good natured little lad with a little bit of an occasional temper! He loves to learn and show off what he knows, and is generally very imaginative and thoughtful. In fact he tends to overthink things a bit and can sometimes be a bit too serious. He knows how to enjoy himself but just dwells on things a bit much I think. He's currently going to Little Treasures nursery in Westcliff and for the most part loves it.

He's currently really into jigsaws and is pretty good at them, drawing - they get better by the day and are often recognisable, and singing - he spends all day singing away to himself and making up little songs.

tammyb
Student
Student

#3 Unread post by tammyb » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Mitchell fits here.

he is 2yrs 8 and a half months old, he doesnt know how to walk anywhere. he is a very good eater, very cheeky. untill recently he hardly spoke but now its constant although still at the mummy and daddy can understand stage. he goes to Balmoral nursery 2 mornings a week and it is helping improve his speach no end, he constantly sings nursery rymes. he hardley ever naps and is very social although can be a little shy.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 pm

William is in this section too.

William is at Hamstel Nursery and loves it. He has very slow speech development and is registered for speech therapy, he is improving and also loves to sing. I am not overly worried although it is very difficult sometimes and it is still a concern.

He is only just toilet trained although he has yet to use a toilet outside the house LOL! He is also scared of doing number 2's anywhere but in his bedtime nappy! Something to work on!

He is a happy boy although is a croup ssufferer and is a right grump at the moment as he hasn't had a decent night's sleep for weeks!

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Felix is becoming a good eater again too - he was great until about 2, then went awful for a year and has been getting better again since he turned 3. Funny little things aren't they?!

lauraannek
Expectant
Expectant

#6 Unread post by lauraannek » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Emily also fits in here and seems to be the only girl at the moment. She is 2 years and 8months the same age as Mitchell.
She is a very confident and secretly clever girl - she acts a bit bimboish but is quietly taking everything in. She knows her own mind and exactly what she wants.
She is very defiant too and quite unreasonable lol - theres just no reasoning with her when she has something in her head.
She goes to preschool at Eastwood Community Preschool 2 mornings a week and has done since feb this year - she loves it and her speech has improved drastically and now she is understanable to strangers.
She is very sociable and caring for other children(most of the time)
She has been toilet trained day and night since easter now and I feel very lucky that she did it as quickly as her brother!
She loves to sing and dance!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#7 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Alex i 2 yrs 10mnths yes a xmas baby.
He doesn't speak much but its coming day by day, He goes to Goldingham Drive preschool 2 1/2 days a week, he enjoys it so much that on a thurs when he only does am he wants to stay all day. He has defiantley been through the terrible twos and i think it will continue on to the threes, hasn't helped that when his twin brothers where born (18mnths ago) he went backwards so has taken awhile to get him to where we are today. he refuses point blank to use the potty much to my annoiance and absolutley mad on thomas the tank engine.
Leanne and children xxxx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm

mumoftwins+1 wrote: hasn't helped that when his twin brothers where born (18mnths ago) he went backwards so has taken awhile to get him to where we are today. he refuses point blank to use the potty much to my annoiance and absolutley mad on thomas the tank engine.
I am worried how WIlliam will react when the baby arrives. He hates the idea of a baby at the moment :( and doesn't care one bit :(

William also refused point blank to potty train - only did it during the summer and William was 3 and 4 months.

weezypops
Site Guru

#9 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Jenn, you might be surprised. He'll probably be funny with a new baby at first regardless of his deeper feelings but that doesn't necessarily mean it will last. Have you tried reading books about new babies too him? We have a few good ones we used with Felix, one he still really likes.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:30 pm

I have tried reading him new baby books but he hasn't seemed keen. WHich ones have you got? Would you recommend?

Part of me thinks he will just adjust because he is someone who adjusts but recently he has become a whinger and cries all over the place - I think this is just nursery and tiredness tho - hopefully and that he will grow out of it.

weezypops
Site Guru

#11 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 pm

We have a few but I think the best ones are 'There's a House Inside my Mummy' and 'Topsy and Tim and the New Baby'. Happy to lend them if you want! Oh, will dig out the author of those politically correct fairy tales too!

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#12 Unread post by sheeina » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 pm

jenn: my neice goes to hamstel im sure she does. Via Smith. (as her jumper says lol so cute)
and she has just had a little sister!

george is in this section also. he runs everywhere climbs on everything and one and loves his trains cars planes and bikes. he has so much energy we struggle to get rid of it all!
he loves swimming at the moment.
and he plays a game (when dryish) that he gets dress and says "go work" goes out back door get in his cosy car shouts "BYE" and goes to his playhouse pottys about then comes back in his car and says "home" lol not been watching daddy???
cant wait for him to go to preschool in jan when turns 2half as i think he is well and truely readuy but ill miss him like mad!
george is a peoples baby. loves to be around people playing talking. sometimes mummy is just not enough lol
george has never been a slow learner always wants to do things about 6 months before his friends but toilet trainning seems to be dragging his heels abit but im not pushing him! he will be dry when he will be dry i will be happy as long as he is dry sometime in toddler years.
well thats my George the apple of my eye. my angel sent from above to make me happy ;-)
im truly blessed!
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#13 Unread post by rachel jane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Jenn i remember a week before i had Ted i held a baby and connie went mental and was hysterical and i thought "Oh no" then i had Ted and she didn't bat an eyelid!x

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#14 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks guys - hopefully he will be ok - he is just a stubborn wotsit!

Sheeina - one or two of the children have their names on their jumpers - I will look out for her although she may be in the other class or the afternoon session so we may not bump into her.

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#15 Unread post by sheeina » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:59 am

Jenn :via does go to the afternoon session.
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

Return to “Parenting”