babychic

2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: 2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

#16 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:14 am

HAha, Felix did the same thing just before Iris was born - there was a coffee morning at Clairebear's house and Mel came along with William who was just a few weeks old. I held him and Felix was NOT happy about it. Even though he'd been getting quite into the idea of a baby (mainly because we were relentless and talked to him about it all the time etc.) I did worry that he was just going to freak out when she arrived. As it was he was very uncertain of her when she was born but not jealous at all. I wonder how it would be if we had another now he's a bit older though, and what Iris would be like.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#17 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 am

Jenn
when i said Alex went backwards when the twins were born i meant beacuse the boys were getting 90% of my attention he started doing things that babies do i.e crawling even though he could walk, wanting to be spoon feed coz they were been spoon feed, etc... most of it didn't last long, he felt that his terrotry was been invaded once the twins were able to crawl and start playing, he still refuses to share his toys at times but he is geeting alot better, but he absolutlry fine towards them when i bought them home, he did at first keep saying bye to them as to say we were leaving them at friends / families house but i think that was because they spent time in hospital coz were early and mummy came home and they stayed
Leanne and children xxxx

weezypops
Site Guru

#18 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:59 pm

It must have been harder on him because there were two of them I imagine - sudden onslaught!

weezypops
Site Guru

#19 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

Just a little brag post from me - went to Felix's parents' evening last night and he's doing really well. They gave us a folder which had lots little things he'd said and done throughout the term, a lot of which were really funny, and said he's settled in really well and gets on with everyone. She also said that most kids his age are achieving things in the 30-50 months range (he's 39 months) but that's he's in the 40-60month range for pretty much everything and actually closer to the top end of that for most. She said if he were to start school tomorrow he'd probably do fine (but be about a foot smaller than everyone else!). I was very proud!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#20 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Awww that's so good to hear! It must be lovely to be shown worka dn bits that they have done! William never brings home any work!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#21 Unread post by rachel jane » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Ah clever Felix, all your hard work has paid off!x

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#22 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:43 pm

well done felix,
Jenn Alex is the same, i know he has done painting and colouring coz he comes home covered in everthing, sometimes i think he has painted himself rather than a painting lol but recently like yesterday he came home with two pictures, don't know what they were of but it was something. His speech has come along remarkably in the last few weeks aswell, can't belive he going to be 3 at xmas.
Leanne and children xxxx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#23 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Leanne - he may have just found the painting table at nursery! The last two days he come home covered in paint but hasn't bought anything home. It's their Christmas Bazaar on Tuesday so I reckon they have been making christmas decorations to sell!

Does Alex get frustrated with his speech? William has just started getting upset when we don't understand which is really difficult for us to watch as it makes us feel like failures. Does Alex go to speech therapy?

weezypops
Site Guru

#24 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Felix doesn't normally bring anything home either, except for cards at mother's day, Christmas etc. He did once bring home a car he'd made out of an enormous box. They obviously just didn't want it lying around taking up space!

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#25 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Jenn - Alex used to get frustrated at his old nursery that he couldn't get words out, but not now, if he says something i don't understand i will say what i think i heard and he just says yes wether it was or not. He has seen a speech therapist but waiting on sessions available.
Leanne and children xxxx

weezypops
Site Guru

#26 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm

So Felix's current favourite thing is making up little songs and I had to share this from earlier on. We were watching 'How to Train your Dragon' and he made up this little ditty. I think it's very cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1IXESuzOI

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#27 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:15 pm

So when you pick your child up from nursery - do they tell you bits about what they have done?

The reason I ask is William's reply to 'What have you done today? Have you done play doh, painting, singing etc' is 'I don't know'.

Today when he said it, another mum overheard and said that it was the same response that she got from her child too. My sister doesn't find out what her son does either!

Schmushe
Blissful

#28 Unread post by Schmushe » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Some nurseries tell you about the days. Others have a board saying which activities they have had out / taken part in.

The 'i don't know / don't remember' is a standard response and believe me I still get it from josh years later. So things dint change. It us a bog standard child response.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#29 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:47 pm

We get a newsletter every Monday telling us the things they are working on but there is so much stuff to do at his nursery all the time that it would be nice to get a snippet out of him. There is honestly so much stuff for them to do as it is such a big nursery.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#30 Unread post by nubs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Jack always used to say I don't know - I think its cause their little brains are working overtime bless them, Its only been in recent weeks he can actually remember what he has done x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Return to “Parenting”