babychic

2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

Simpson
Newborn
Newborn

Re: 2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

#46 Unread post by Simpson » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 pm

could be cause your pregnant and he is starting to notice the changes in things. my friends son carried toys around during the last few weeks of her pregnancy as a comfort

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#47 Unread post by nubs » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:05 pm

He is probably vetting anxious Jenn - Jack took to having lots of teds in his bed with him and walking around the house with Blankie, it's hard because u talk to them to include them with the new baby stuff but there little minds go into overtime, u may find that he plays up a bit in the later stage before bubs is here we just ignored it really and gave lots of cuddles and Jack time then as soon as Sam was here he went back to normal x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#48 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks ladies. I thought it was probably because he has just noticed the changes in me. and knows things will be different. I had thought that he might have worried more when I was bed bound and being sick but he just took that in his stride. I do find it hard to do things with him now :(

Thanks

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#49 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Ok - me again! LOL!

William would never ever watch a film. We tried and tried but he kept saying 'I don't like films' and getting upset. Well - a few weeks ago - we managed to trick him into watching Cars (I recorded it over Christmas). Well he loves it and is always asking to watch it. Which is good - as it keeps him calm, relaxed and occupied for slightly longer than CBeebies and will definately be useful once baby is here. However - try as I might - I can just not get him to try another film. He just won't. Is it just because he is stubborn or are any other 2/3/4 year olds the same?

Also - any film recommendations that a little boy, a little boy who likes cars, planes, diggers (rather than army men and fighting) would like?

Thanks

weezypops
Site Guru

#50 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Felix was like this for ages, and still goes through phases of only wanting to watch one thing over and over. Some favourites of his have been Toy Story (all of them though he's a bit scared of 3), Up, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, The Polar Express and Monsters Inc.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#51 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Cloudy with a chance of meaballs? Is that a film? Never never heard of that! (Off to research it now) Might give Monsters Inc a go - thats quite colouful as well isn't it.

weezypops
Site Guru

#52 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Felix found Monsters Inc a little scary at first but likes it now. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is really good!

Schmushe
Blissful

#53 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Alexa loves films (but then shes got an older brother so they kind of watch things together)

She finds Cloudy with a chance of meatballs a bit dull. Monsters inc can be a bit scary (cause of the whole monsters in your wardrobe / closet thing). Toy Story 1+2 are good (3 is a bit scary). Finding nemo is great (but then there are sharks in it), Lion King, Dumbo, Pincoccio - the list is endless

Cars 2 is out soon too!!

I cant think of any off hand with cars / diggers etc.. in - I'll ask Josh later - if you want to try a film without buying etc.. just let me know and i'm sure we have a copy of it, happy to lend it out.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#54 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Alex was the same would get bored too easy, he will now sit and watch toy story any one he moans at begining of 1 as buzz isn't in ot at first, shrek any of them, cars, he tends to more drawn towards the pixar ones we have pinocchio, peter pan 101 dalmations but he will only watch them if Jess is over but she wants to watch Batman now so he'll watch that but gets bored after 10mins.
Leanne and children xxxx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#55 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:11 pm

We tried Toy Story before Cars and it didn't work but will maybe try again. And I actually have all those myself.

I treated him to a Cars book on Wednesday - it's mega long at 45 pages long and take me 25 mins to read it but we have read it 5 times all the way through since I got it and he just sits and listens to it! I am rather amazed at his concentration but am beginning to get fed up with the story. However - I do find myself crying at the end of the film still - when McQueen goes back for the King! LOL! Damn hormones! LOL!

Thanks for the offer Michelle - it can be difficult to try out movies now that there is no video rental shop this end of town :( I will try the ones we have first.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#56 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Jenn have you looked in your library? Louise gets DVD's from there for the children.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#57 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks Jeanette - yeah - they can be quite good. My local library, which we go to quite regularly doesn't really have DVD's and to be honest we haven't gone into the big one in Southend for such a long time! Maybe will have to head out further afield once baby is here - it is quite a long walk into town.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#58 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Ggggrrrrr - I am amazed at how many trousers we are getting through! He keeps getting holes in the knees on them!

Anybody else getting through trousers like there's no tomorrow?

weezypops
Site Guru

#59 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Haha, no! Felix is still wearing 2-3 trousers that he's had for ages!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#60 Unread post by Jeanette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

I remember my son getting through trousers at a bit of a rate especially when he started school. I used to get those iron on patches after a while because I couldn't keep up financially.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “Parenting”