babychic

2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: 2 - 3 yrs - Troublesome Tots

#61 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Mike suggested I start sewing them to mend them??? I was like - huh? I can't sew to save my life!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#62 Unread post by nubs » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 pm

what about the iron on patches? you can get animal ones or plain ones
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Schmushe
Blissful

#63 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Are you talking about school trousers or trousers in general? We buy Teflon school trousers and they are pretty long lasting. As for normal trousers, i've give up trying to keep them hole free, and think Josh only possesses 2 pairs of jeans without a hole in one knee!!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#64 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:20 pm

He doesn't wear the grey school trousers yet - couldn't find any that were suitable for toilet going - iykwim?

kris will look into patches?

he spends almost all day on his knees at the moment lol!

weezypops
Site Guru

#65 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#66 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks Louise!

weezypops
Site Guru

#67 Unread post by weezypops » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

So I have to have a bit of a brag about Felix. He's been really enjoying the Reading Eggs game and is loving reading generally. Not only is he reading words all over the place and recognising loads of fairly simple ones, he's starting to sound out words he doesn't know with some success and is reading simple sentences so can read some of the starting to read books like Peter and Jane etc pretty well. He's still a bit bashful about it as he doesn't like getting things wrong so is hesitant to try something unless he's completely sure, but he's doing so well

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#68 Unread post by Jenn » Thu May 19, 2011 8:12 am

yay! that's lovely to hear. william likes the usborne reading books. like big pig on a dig, gox in a box. we got then from the library and they are really nice to read together! they have a nice rhyme to them and are goood if you see them - i would reccommend. anyone else got learning to read books to suggest?

weezypops
Site Guru

#69 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:45 am

Just realised Iris is in here now and has been for ages - whoops! Who else is in here with her?

Iris is as crazy as ever. Going to nursery doesn't seem to have dampened her spirit, in fact she's become even more bonkers. She's a terrible mix of cute and crazy which seems to win people over left right and centre. She's bright, but in a different way to Felix - he likes the facts and figures whereas she tends to just know things and is a lot more socially savvy.

weezypops
Site Guru

#70 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 pm

How are our little monkeys doing? Iris is still as mad as ever and about to turn three. On one hand I keep wondering where the time has gone, but on the other, she seems so grown up now. She chose herself a birthday dress today and was really quite choosy!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#71 Unread post by nubs » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes Sam has just suddenly grown up - more so than jack was at this age, some of you havn't seen him for a while and he will make you smile with his chatterbox way, he is so to the point and a little old man like

He had his first induction day at nursery and loved it - ran in found his name by his peg and hung his bag and coat up all by himself, shouted 'see ya later' to nanny - when nanny reminded him where the toilets were he said 'yeah I know nanny!'

Definitely an independent little fella
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

weezypops
Site Guru

#72 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Been a while since any of us posted in here - who now fits into this category. I can't believe Iris will soon be 'graduating' - on one hand she's so mature for her age but four seems so grown up! She's really excited about the idea of going to school - I just hope she gets into Chalkwell like Felix!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#73 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Hmmm... james is such a dolly darling - really is a real cuttie pie and so lovely but recently I am getting upset that he is not talking yet :( All his friends and peers are children the same age are all talking and chatting away and singing and it is just annoying!

I keep telling myself that William was the same and look at him now - perfectly fine and able (well a little "young" in his speech but perfectly fine)

Gggggrrrrrr - it's just so ggggrrrrrr!

weezypops
Site Guru

#74 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Do you think you will do speech therapy with him?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#75 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I imagine he will be referred again at his 2.5 year check (or whenever it happens)

I mean - you never know - he might just wake one day and speak - that's what I always thought William would do but he didn't but James might just start. James has less than William in the way of words and sounds to mean words but I think James is probably closer to making the proper sounds - for example he says beep for biscuit and dir for drink and has a very clear Muuuum when he wants something which are al pretty close to the real words - he als does a lovely (hard) Guhhhh for George which is a bit odd but I know what he means.

I do keep thinking he will just start and then go to a group, story rhymes, song time whatever and realise that he is so very very very behind the majority of the other children.

oh gggggrrrrr - I wonder if it something I have done wrong? gggrrrrr -

Return to “Parenting”