babychic

Reading Levels

MumtoIslaandJoe
Newborn
Newborn

Reading Levels

#1 Unread post by MumtoIslaandJoe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi everyone, has anyone else got children in year one? I was wondering if you could tell me what reading level your LO is on at that age? My daughter Isla is on orange level and I am wondering if that is good or not as the school don't really tell us anything and I don't really know any other parents. She is one of the youngest in the year. Thanks.

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Reading Levels

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:15 pm

She sounds like she's doing fine to me! My daughter is just leaving reception and is on orange too, and my son was on that level when going into year 1, but it seems like it's considered to be a year 1/early year 2 level, so great, especially if she's a young one! Schools do use different systems though, so it can be different from school to school but if it's similar to most, I think it sounds like she's doing well! Could you ask her teacher?

MumtoIslaandJoe
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by MumtoIslaandJoe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks. She says that most of her friends are on the same level or thereabouts but I don't know if she really knows. They are using the Oxford Reading Tree I think.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Yes - orange level is supposed to be end of year 1 so sounds like she is doing perfectly :)

Return to “Parenting”