babychic

New, in Chelmsford and expecting in two weeks' time.

Includes South Woodham Ferrers, Boreham, Broomfield, Danbury, Hanningfield, Galleywood, Great Baddow, Great and Little Leighs, Great Waltham, Margaretting, Rettendon, Runwell, Springfield, Stock, Bicknacre, Writtle
kittihawk
Newborn
Newborn

New, in Chelmsford and expecting in two weeks' time.

#1 Unread post by kittihawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello people. I saw Essex Mums site a couple of weeks ago and was quite taken aback as to how much was going on. So I thought that I would get the research in now!
Hope to have a homebirth and got my pool delivered two days ago- quite excited now. Kittihawk x

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: New, in Chelmsford and expecting in two weeks' time.

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Kittihawk!

Wow! 2 weeks! I still have 7 weeks to go! You nervous or excited? How are you coping?

I am Jenny from SOuthend. I have a 3 year old and as I say also due in 7 weeks! Hoping he is a tad early (LOL! Not this early tho!) as I am finding being pregnant very very very hard and don't fancy going 2 weeks over!

kittihawk
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by kittihawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 pm

I have only just started my maternity leave so haven't had time to think about it! Excited I think. My "real" name is also Jen/ Jennie / Jennifer (dependent on mood).
Pregnancy has been very very kind to me and I know that I am incredibly lucky- hopefully labour will be not be too problematic. I am just VERY bad at waiting for things so need distractions. I'd imagine with a 3 year old they must be pretty good at taking your mind off things! William looks cute.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 pm

kittihawk wrote: William looks cute.

Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?

Labour isn't great but it isn't so bad that no-one does it again! A homebirth with your own pool sounds lovely! Have heard it can be very relaxed.

kittihawk
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by kittihawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't know whether it is a girl or a boy- people don't get many surprises these days so I thought that I would create one. Bet it is a girl though.
My mum is coming down to help on the big day- she used to be a midwife and I got the idea of a homebirth because I was there when my kid sister was born at home. I want as little stress as possible- and it is also laziness! Why go through the trouble of having to drive etc and be introduced to new staff every shift change.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Jen, Jennie

I am Gina, 37, mum to Mia who is 5. Welcome to Essex mums, we are a friendly bunch. Quite a few people out your way. Good luck with your labour x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#7 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Jen

I'm Leanne from Braintree I have 3 boys Alex is 3 and 20 mnth Twins Brendan and Sean.
I wanted a water birth for my first but he came quicker than expected so wasn't enough time to fill pool, so thought i would when fell pregnant again but found out it twins just my luck missed out again. Hope all goes ok.
Leanne and children xxxx

kittihawk
Newborn
Newborn

#8 Unread post by kittihawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks girls. I will keep you posted on home waterbirth- usual scenario- midwifes totally up for it even though first timer but the doctors not so up for it- save for the consultant and he's the one that counts!
I will probably end up filling the damn thing up and finding out that I don't like it! But I have loved going swimming so the indications are good.
Shame you missed out Leanne but as my sister keeps telling me- birth is just one day (generally) so if I end up in hospital having a section it isn't a competition! Plus having a quick birth was probably quite a coup for a first!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#9 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Jen. :D :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

twinklepaws
Student
Student

#10 Unread post by twinklepaws » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi. Welcome to Essex Mums! I'm also Jennie in Chelmsford lol
I've had 3 home births, all great experiences xx
Mummy to Callum Josh Ben Ollie Alfie & Mia

weezypops
Site Guru

#11 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 am

Hi, welcome to the site! I'm Louise, I'm 32 and live in Westcliff. I have two kids, Felix who is three and Iris who is 20 months.

I planned to have a home water birth with Iris and had everything ready to go - my waters broke so we filled up the pool and waited, but nothing happened as it was just the hind waters... about two days later the rest of them finally broke but she'd passed meconium so we had to go in to the hospital. I was disappointed but it was still a good experience. I would love to have another at home though if we have the chance.

bluewaterbabeiam
Graduate
Graduate

#12 Unread post by bluewaterbabeiam » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi, welcome also.
I'm Jo from Chelmsford, am 39 and expecting my 2nd baby in just under 3 weeks time. Don't know the sex either and we didn't find out with our 1st...a Boy, Benjamin, now aged 2.8yrs. Had hoped for a home water birth last time round but at 33 weeks got pre-eclampsia and was induced at 38 weeks, leading to forceps delivery. Found whole birth a good experience tho and despite not having the condition this time am opting for a Hospital birth as like the re-assurance of everything being there! Due to give birth at the new Maternity Unit at Broomfield Hospital. Good luck with the birth and look forward to hearing your news. x
Mummy to two lovable little monsters who mean the world to me and whom I love unconditionally and wife to the man I love with all my heart.

kittihawk
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by kittihawk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you all for your welcomes! Did you see One Born Every Minute on Monday night? I am beginning to wish I hadn't! Hoping for Janice the very young Mum- like serenity although hopefully not the forceps.
Not long now!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#14 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 pm

LOL! I watched OBEM but had my legs firmly crossed and my hands over my face most of the time. Don't worry - labour isn't that bad!

sp74
Explorer
Explorer

#15 Unread post by sp74 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm

hi jennie i am too from chelmsford have 4 boys my last one came on so quick and couldnt help but have a home birth lol it was all good and nice to jsut chill out, after felt weird though like ohh what do we do now.....put the baby to bed and get to sleep ourselves oh i love that programe the one that made me go in to labour was when amanda holden was a midwife !!! good luck with everything x

Return to “Chelmsford”