babychic

Hi, newbie from Benfleet!

Includes Canvey Island, Hadleigh, South Benfleet, and Thundersley
TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

Hi, newbie from Benfleet!

#1 Unread post by TraceyW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi everyone, my names Tracey, I'm 29, married, have 2 daughters Chloe 9 and Sydnee 14 months, and I'm 11 weeks pregnant! Moved to south benfleet in the summer from Hampshire, so hoping to meet some local mums on here.it's hard starting in a new area, and making new friends at my age!...bring back the playground any day...was much easier then!!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Hi, newbie from Benfleet!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Tracey, welcome to the site! I'm Louise, I'm 32 and live in Westcliff, so not too far from you. I have two kids, Felix who is 3 and Iris who is 20 months. We're currently trying for our third.

How are you finding Benfleet?

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by TraceyW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Louise!
Benfleets ok! Very different to where we were living. Everything was on our doorstep before, whereas now, everything seems to be at least10min car ride away....and as I don't drive, I'm feeling a bit cut off from everything! Sure over time I'll get used to it. I'm indoors pretty much all week too, as I only know a couple of people in Essex and they work. I didnt realise how hard it would be to start again! But hey ho, enough of the gloom!! On a whole everything is great! Looking forward to my 12 week scan on 12th Jan.
Wow, 3 and 20 months!...bet it's never quiet round yours! Lovely age gap. My brothers got 3 girls age 4 and under. All good fun!!

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 pm

I think Benfleet is a little lacking in things to do with young kids - there's Farmer Fred's Playbarn which is really good, but wouldn't suit your 9 year old as it's a soft play centre for 0-5 year olds. Maybe something to do with your youngest though! They have a few classes there too - Jo Jingles etc. There are fairly good bus routes to Southend, Basildon etc. too so it is possible to get around once you get used to things. I don't drive either (well, I'm learning), so know all the bus routes pretty well now!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Tracey!

Welcome! I have friends in Benfleet and they all say that about not much being on your doorstep!

I'm Jenny. I live in Southend. Mum to William who is 3 although he keeps telling me that he will be 4 this year! And due baby number 2, a little brother, in about 8 weeks time!

Welcome.

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by TraceyW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Just seems to be full of bakeries! Lol! I'm heading to farmer freds tomorrow to check it out actually, so hopefully that'll go down well with sydnee. I was planning to find out more info on classes they do there too. She loves playing with other kids, so she'll love it all I'm sure! Can't remember the last time I was on a bus...seems years ago!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#7 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Tracey. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#8 Unread post by TraceyW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Jenn wrote:Hi Tracey!

Welcome! I have friends in Benfleet and they all say that about not much being on your doorstep!

I'm Jenny. I live in Southend. Mum to William who is 3 although he keeps telling me that he will be 4 this year! And due baby number 2, a little brother, in about 8 weeks time!

Welcome.
Hi Jenny, yeah, they're right!
Aw, 2 boys, that'll be nice. 8 weeks hey...exciting times! I bet you can't wait now!!

mitchellmonkey
Achiever
Achiever

#9 Unread post by mitchellmonkey » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi Tracey,

I'm Nicky, 35, i live in Rayleigh and i have 2 boys, mitchell who's just turned 5 and jamie who's just turned 17 months. Rayleigh is only about 15 minutes drive from Benfleet xx

For your high quality fragrances and make up or to join our growing team of distributors visit www.myfmbusiness.com/nickygrant

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#10 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Tracy,

Im Helena and I live in Leigh, just down the road. My daughter Millie is 4. Welcome to the site, everyone is lovely!!!

xxx

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi Tracy,

I am Gina, 37, mum to Mia who is 5. We live in Westcliff. Welcome to the site, look forward to seeing you at one of the meets. In the summer will probably be one at Hadleigh Farm which should be quite easy for you to get to x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by TraceyW » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm

mitchellmonkey wrote:Hi Tracey,

I'm Nicky, 35, i live in Rayleigh and i have 2 boys, mitchell who's just turned 5 and jamie who's just turned 17 months. Rayleigh is only about 15 minutes drive from Benfleet xx

Hi Nicky, thanks for replying. Yes, I've been to Rayleigh! One of the few places I've been to since living here. Nice town for a wonder, and nice and quiet compared to the others. Mitchell would've just started school then...how's he finding it? I bet you found it weird at first! I expect Jamie likes having mummy to himself now! X

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by TraceyW » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Gina73 wrote:Hi Tracy,

I am Gina, 37, mum to Mia who is 5. We live in Westcliff. Welcome to the site, look forward to seeing you at one of the meets. In the summer will probably be one at Hadleigh Farm which should be quite easy for you to get to x

Hi Gina,Mia's beautiful! How do I find out about the meets? I can get a taxi to places as long as it's not more than about 20 mins away! X

TraceyW
Newborn
Newborn

#14 Unread post by TraceyW » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Millieandme wrote:Hi Tracy,

Im Helena and I live in Leigh, just down the road. My daughter Millie is 4. Welcome to the site, everyone is lovely!!!

xxx

Oh, hi Helena! I nearly missed you then! Love the name Millie, very pretty. Thanks, I'm still finding my way round.... Slowly! X

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#15 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

TraceyW wrote:
Gina73 wrote:Hi Tracy,

Hi Gina,Mia's beautiful! How do I find out about the meets? I can get a taxi to places as long as it's not more than about 20 mins away! X

The post are usually put on here, just look at recent posts when you re logged in. This time of year we dont tend to have many but once the weather gets better there are usually meets and picnics. This time of year there are coffee meets but not that often.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Return to “Castle Point”