babychic

new to Brentwood

Includes Hutton, Pilgrims Hatch, Shenfield, South Weald, Doddinghurst, Ingatestone, Fryerning, Kelvedon Hatch, Mountnessing, Ingrave, West Horndon
jennie_hoekstra
Newborn
Newborn

new to Brentwood

#1 Unread post by jennie_hoekstra » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Hello,

I just moved to Brentwood in September with my husband and our two boys, Harrison (turns 3 next week) and Graham (11 months). We moved from the Chicago area in the states due to my husband's job. I stay at home with the boys and we are just starting to join some activities and trying to make some new friends. We are going to Jo Jingles and a football class and Harrison just started preschool this week. We would love to meet some other mums and kids from our area!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#2 Unread post by Jeanette » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Jennie. :D
Welcome to Essex Mums.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi! Welcome to the site!

I'm Louise, I'm 30 and live in Westcliff with my husband Kester and our son Felix who is nearly 16 months. We have another on the way, due in April.

We lived in Chicago for two years and Felix was born there. Moved back last October. Whereabouts in Chicago are you from?

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey ya. Im Gemma and mummy to Jack who is nearly 3. Im married to DH Dom and we live in Westcliff. Welcome to the site x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

fussycat
Student
Student

#5 Unread post by fussycat » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi Jennie and welcome, I'm Amanda from Southend, mum to Cody. I have an American husband, not from Chicago though, he's from Texas/Michigan/Kentucky. :P

Nikki_24

#6 Unread post by Nikki_24 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Jennie,
I'm Nikki, also from Brentwood! I have Isabelle who is 2, she also starting pre-school on Monday. There are quite a few Brentwood mums on the site now!
Welcome to EM's xx

sarahmee
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by sarahmee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Jennie,
We moved back to the UK last Winter with our daughter, Sereya, (2 1/2) and Aaron, (just 4). I work Mon-Thurs in London but have Fridays off.
Angels playgroup in South weald is a good meet up on friday mornings and I have made a few good friends there.
Stay in touchx

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#8 Unread post by lea-marie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Welcome to the forum Jennie!

I'm Lea, 23 and mummy to Charli Lou, aged 4 (Nearly 5 as she keeps reminding me lol)

A few of us are meeting up in romford next Thursday if you are interested in coming along and making some new friends :)
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi Jennie, I'm Claire Mum to Thomas 18months. I live in Brentwood on the three arches estate (which is where most of the EM Brentwood mums seem to live). Whereabouts in Brentwood are you?

jennie_hoekstra
Newborn
Newborn

#10 Unread post by jennie_hoekstra » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! We live on Cornsland (right off of Seven Arches). We have been to King Georges a few times since it is only about 5 minutes from our house. So I'm assuming that is fairly close to the other mums who live at Three Arches Estate. I read some of the posts and noticed a Brentwood mums informal Christmas gathering on the 6th. Would love to attend but we are going to be out of town that weekend. We would certainly be interested in any other informal gatherings in Brentwood!

Someone mentioned a gathering in Romford next Thursday. My son goes to school on Thursday mornings and then we have his grandparents in town for a visit (that is actually his 3rd birthday) - so sorry to miss that as well.

Louise, we lived in River North in Chicago (downtown) on W. Erie St. Prior to getting married, I lived in Lincoln Park for 4 years. Did you live in the city or suburbs? My husband grew up in a western suburb. Did you like Chicago?

weezypops
Site Guru

#11 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 am

jennie_hoekstra wrote:
Louise, we lived in River North in Chicago (downtown) on W. Erie St. Prior to getting married, I lived in Lincoln Park for 4 years. Did you live in the city or suburbs? My husband grew up in a western suburb. Did you like Chicago?
We lived in Lakeview East, right by the lake but worked downtown on Michigan Avenue, just by Millennium Park. I know River North but mainly from the odd pub and restaurant. Lincoln Park I know a lot better because it was walkable for us so we often went out to eat around there, or for a walk in the park itself. In fact I loved Lincoln Park and do miss some of it's restaurants.

I loved Chicago and would really like to go back to visit at some point, but after Felix was born we wanted to be closer to family etc. Now I'm pregnant again though I'm especially missing Mexican food as I really craved it last time and you just can't get decent Mexican food here! We had a Chipotle just on the corner of our street and I used to stop there for a quick Mexican fix all the time... :(

how are you finding it here? What do you miss?

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#12 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am

I'm going to organise a coffee for brentwood mummies soon so watch the meet ups thread.

Return to “Brentwood”