babychic

Shark teeth

Have a question about tooth and mouth care? Ask Charl Chapman from Essex Dentist.
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Shark teeth

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:29 am

My son was 7 in April and mid July, he started having his 2 adult teeth (middle bottom) come through as shark teeth. One of his baby teeth infront is about to fall out - but my concern is that his adult teeth are such a long way back and obviously can't begin to move forward until all his baby teeth are out. The other front bottom tooth has just started to wobble but the next two are pretty solid even though the new adult teeth are touching them.

Should I be concerned? Do they just move forward when there is room? Part of me wants to trust the human body as it is pretty clever but I am little worried that they won't move forward properly and that I have done the wrong thing.

I did take him to our dentist (first week of AUgust) and she said that it is very normal to have shark teeth and that there is no need to worry but because our next check up is not until Dec 22nd - I just want some reassurance really please?

Thanks Jenny

Return to “Ask the Dentist”