babychic

Franchise Enquiry

Ask our business expert Claire Conby any questions you have about starting up or running your own business.
EuroZ
Newborn
Newborn

Franchise Enquiry

#1 Unread post by EuroZ » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi Claire

I'm Zuri, mum of 2 - Erin is 4 and William is 1. We moved to Essex last year and I've been on extended maternity leave ever since.

I'm a qualified MFL teacher and now thinking about my next move. I like the idea of running classes outside of school and I am playing with the idea of buying into a multilingual baby-child educational franchise. The one I am interested in is very new to the market, but from my initial research, there doesn't seem to be anything similar running in the south/west Essex area. I am, however, hesitant to commit. I am most anxious about the initial financial outlay followed by a hefty annual renewal fee, especially when my income for the first year or so will be so uncertain... I have very little business experience and just wondered what light you might be able to shed on the advantages and disadvantages of running a franchise, how to negotiate my way into owning one, how to go about getting started... Any advice would be very welcome!!

Many thanks

Zuri

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Franchise Enquiry

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Zuri,

Just letting you know I've moved this to it's own thread so that it's more visible. I've also tagged @clairetalkingtots in this post so that she will see it.

Return to “Ask the Business Expert”