babychic

Getting 15 month old to sleep in a bed

Ask Lisa Clegg author of The Blissful Baby Expert and Lynsey Calvert from Mothering Matters questions you have regarding dealing with everything baby-related.
Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

Re: Getting 15 month old to sleep in a bed

#61 Unread post by Gillybean » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 am

ive tried the older 2 sharing a room and it doesnt work, they kill each other.
i understand about keeping the same routine as earlier in the evening but to do that i would have to sit outside on the landing as it wouldnt be fair to be going in and out of our room. but being knackered i'm not sure i can do that

Theblissfulbabyexp
Baby
Baby

Re: Getting 15 month old to sleep in a bed

#62 Unread post by Theblissfulbabyexp » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 am

I can imagine how tired you are-working permanent nights myself and only getting a max of 2 hours sleep during each day and one at the weekends I know how you feel. I can barely keep my eyes open today after working Friday night and last night and no sleep yesterday due to the football! Am hoping I can sneak in a power nap at some point before I'm back to work again tonight!
You do need to put the hard work in though to get the results-apologies for stating the obvious!
I promise you it will be worth it and you will feel so much better, but to get to that stage you need to be very consistent and in less than a week she will be sleeping much better and self settling without too much fuss !

Return to “Ask the Baby Expert”