babychic

Not having much luck & making me unhappy bunny...

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Not having much luck & making me unhappy bunny...

#1 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:09 pm

This weekend it has been one thing after another and im really starting to dread labour :(
We have a lot of bits and pieces to sort out and put up in the loft, which shouldnt really take much time to do, but OH has had to lay more floorboards in loft for the stuff to be able to go up there. Up until now, he hasnt had a chance, or hasnt been able to borrow his dads car to be able to go and buy the wood. He finally got the chance this weekend and has spent most of the time up there doing it. My dad had already laid a small amount for us when he fitted our loft hatch, BUT this afternoon OH discovered that my impatient, incompetent bloody father Had laid boards ON TOP of wiring and had pinched one of the wires, and had screwed through another! Luckily he only caught the edge and missed the actual wire. So OH then had to take up all the boards my dad had done to check for any other f**k ups. He found another on top of a wire, in a place where he could have easily chissled the wooden beam so that it didnt squash the wire. He had also done the loft hatch a bit wrong too.
Anyways, all of this has meant that OH has had to spend extra time up there sorting it all out, instead of today actually being able to sort through things and put them up there.
We currently have boxes of things all down my side of the bed where we need space for the birth, and then the crib, bags of clothes that are at the moment too small for me infront of our drawers and dresser, and boxes in Brandon and Faiths bedrooms as well as a couple downstairs. All which need to go in the loft and a couple sorted through to chuck or freecycle stuff.
Well now OH is working all week doing shifts which will make it impossible to do any of it, and i cant do it on my own. Then next monday 28th is Faiths birthday, and we have her that weekend so nothing will get done then either, then OH is doing another week of horrible shifts. We will have 1 or 2 days that we MAY be able to get stuff done, and i dont think it will be enough with Brandon around as well.
Ive almosted admitted defeat because of this alone, and may just go for hospital birth to prevent any stress from it all.

Then to top it all off!! OH parents have been down at Bournemouth all week to see his Mums parents as they live down there. His grandparents paid for a weeks caravan stay for them to be able to see them. They came back yesterday and we today find out that his grandparents have booked for them to go again on 17th Oct! 4 days after im due, but his grandparents are trying to change it for the week before, so they will be away when im due.
They know im due on 13th as well because they were/are meant to be coming up this way on the 12th, and we told them i was due the next day on 13th.
I did wonder if there is something they arent telling us all (maybe one of them ill or something) and are trying to spend as much time with OH mum as possible by paying for them to go and stay down there but were not sure.
Anyways, with all of this, if they are away when im due, then i have no one to have Brandon when im in labour, or Faith if shes here as well. We planned on having the in laws having him because they dont live far from us and its easy for them to come and get him if i have homebirth, and easy to drop off if i have hospital birth. Without them here i dont know what were going to do! I have a family friend who has looked after him a few times before, but it will only work with her if i have homebirth as she is too far out from the hospital. I dont trust or know any of the neighbours enough and my family, well, Brandon doesnt even really know who any of them are!

Im feeling sorry for myself again because it just feels like everything wants to go against me and make it as hard as possible.

Sorry for the moan and theres no need to reply, just needed to get it all off my chest!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:41 am

Oh hun - so sorry to hear that everythink is going wrong for you! Try not to worry about how the day went wrong - better for you to realise about the trapped wires now than when they cause a problem!

Don't worry about the mess too much either - it will get sorted before you need it because it has to be (ifykwim?) I had William 4 weeks early and we didn't even own most of the baby stuff we needed never mind put the crib together or furniture up and were still decorating. Somehow - it just came together.

Now the in law/grandparents stuff - is a bit more awkward - and you definately sort a sitter for Brandon - but I'm hoping that this morning everything will seem clearer and easier for you.

Hoping you slept okay - remember to look after yourself even tho you are stressed!

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:24 am

I think you need to sit down with your in-laws and talk to them straight about what you were hoping from them - do they know you'll be need them to look after Brandon? Like, have you actually sat down and been through a plan rather or just assumed they would be there? I was just wondering if maybe they haven't realised they'll be so necessary and that if you actually talk to them about it they'll change their plans.

As for the boxes, I know it's tough with SPD etc but can't you plonk yourself on a bed or something and start sorting through it all? Not do any of the hard lifting etc. just make piles of things to keep, things to chuck etc. so that when your husband gets in he can deal with it. I'm sure that it would help you get a bit more clear-headed to have that stuff sorted. Can you have a friend come over to help you go through it all? I can't remember whereabouts you are, but if you wanted I'd be happy to come over with my two and help you go through it if I can find a way of getting to you. Felix and Brandon could keep each other entertained, or I could watch them and carry stuff for you while you went through it all. Perhaps some others on here would be free too? I remember what it's like at the stage you're at - I felt so unprepared and we just had to sit down and work out exactly what needed doing and how we were going to do it.

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by artyfartymack » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

lets have a sorting out party. I'm great at sorting and could take stuff up and down for you. I'm also a freecycle whizz so we can load my car up with stuff and I'll freecylce it from mine for you to save the agro. I'm back on Sunday but not free till the following Monday/Tuesday though if you can wait.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#5 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks Louise, Jenn and Claire :)
Louise im in Romford so pretty far away from you, but thanks for the offer anyway.
Unfortunately its OH that needs to sort it with me as most of the stuff that needs sorting through is his which i cant even do on my own cos i dont know what he wants to do with it all. He can be such a hoarder, not to mention the worlds worst procrastinator!\ew£ :x I have sorted through most of my stuff and boxed/bagged them up, it just needs taking up really.
I said to OH that were just going to have to save the sorting out til later and just bung it all in the loft so the house is clear and tidy for when baby comes (its frustrating not having any inkling whether she'll be early or late because of Brandon coming on due date :shock: ) Then once the madness settles down a bit, we can take bits down gradually to sort through and throw away, freecycle or sell.
Thanks for the offer Claire, if it was all my stuff id have taken you up on it.

Jenn - Yeah i know what you mean. Some how things do just fall into place but some situations that arise do sometimes make you question whether something somewhere is telling you not to do something dont they? (ie my homebirth). Im quite big on the whole 6th sense/spiritual thing so when things constantly stop me doing something or delays me, it really does play on my mind whether i should do it or not.
Didnt sleep too bad though, thanks.

As for the in laws, im pretty sure they knew the plans although i havent myself spoke to them about it, but think OH had. They also know i dont have anyone to rely on for babysitting other than them and occasionally family friend, which i have mentioned before. I will get OH to speak to MIL about it though. Trouble is, it is his grandparents who have booked this week away, and MIL does and says everything to please them because she doesnt like the hassle of saying no or disagreeing with her dad because he can be very stroppy and hold a grudge. Shes quite a timid lady and will do anything for an easy life.
Im going to have to get my thinking cap on :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage

lemonie17
Player
Player

#6 Unread post by lemonie17 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

would they not be able to take Brandon with them? would be a special treat for him too?

my mum and dad went away the day after i had Courtney, and the after that, we nearly lost her, she developed septasemia and stopped breathing.
so that was doubly hard, i didnt have my mum to help theu all the worry and panic etc, and they didnt even know till they came back 5 dys later.
[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/lemonie17/summerfunsiggy.jpg[/img]

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#7 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Unfortunately not Mel. Plus im not sure i could be away from him for that long. Im yet to leave him overnight still.

OH did suggest to his mum before mentioning to his grandad about putting it off for a week or so, and then we'll join them for 3 days of the week (new caravan so not damp) with the new baby so that his grandparents could spend some time with Brandon and see new baby for more than just a couple of hours. His mums response was "you know what grandads like with kids, he hasnt got the patients for the crying" so straight away that was out the window because you just cant stop a newborn sometimes and we refuse to have him moaning because our kids are crying. (he has no experience of newborns because OH mum was raised by her grandmother for 8months).
We thought it was a nice idea, but sometimes you just cant please people.

Well im feeling slightly better now. I was panicking that OH wont have enough time off to help me because of work now, but he discovered this morning that on weds he is on a training course so he should be home by 2pm at the latest so we can start moving things up into the loft then. May even ask MIL if she can have Brandon for the afternoon and evening so we can get on with it without having to worry about sorting dinner out for him and giving him attention etc then pick him up between 8-9pm and bring him home straight to bed.
Still waiting for the next thing to go wrong lol but every cloud has a silver lining i guess :)
Im just going to look at it with the attitude of - if baby decides to come slightly early before things are ready, then the homebirth just isnt meant to be. If she holds out until its done, then it is. Leave it all to fate and nature.
ImageImage
ImageImage

lemonie17
Player
Player

#8 Unread post by lemonie17 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:52 pm

i know its horrible when things dont go to plan...but the most important thing is that Baby arrives safely, you are ok, and the rest will just have to do!
Baby wont care if everything is done, all she'll want is her Mummy!!
[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/lemonie17/summerfunsiggy.jpg[/img]

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by artyfartymack » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm

If it's any help I'm only 15 minutes away and could be on standby to help with Brandon if your really stuck. DH is home every evening so I can be free and I have friends and family around who can take Tom if it's day time

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#10 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks Claire. Will keep you in mind if we do end up stuck. Thanks again.
ImageImage
ImageImage

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by artyfartymack » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 pm

No probs hun

Return to “Pregnancy”