babychic

SPD

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

SPD

#1 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:21 pm

after an afternoon spent up DAU in awful pain, doctor says its SPD.

Anyone got any tips on how to make things easier, or how to make life a bit more comfy. even the simpliest things cause me pain i.e emptying the washing machine, cooking dinner
Leanne and children xxxx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: SPD

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 pm

You have my sympathy, I had PGP in all pregnancies and the SPD part of it was by far the worst part of it, as well as the worst pain I've probably ever had. It got progressively worse with each pregnancy too. Ugh, even thinking about it makes me ache!

The best advice I can give is if it hurts, stop. Any twinge you have is a warning pain and pushing through it will just aggravate it. You'll have to get your husband to do things like emptying the washing machine as that's the sort of action that makes it worse, as well as hoovering, mopping etc. I was told not to do anything like that by the physio.

Be careful when you do things that involve using your legs seperately such as climbing stairs, getting in and out of a car. Try not to split your legs, move them together as one fluid movement. Same goes for turning over in bed - put your knees together and move them both, not one at a time.

You can get a referral for physio but really a lot of it is just survival. If it gets really bad they might offer you crutches, but just doing as little as possible is the best thing to do really. I found an ice pack on the painful area helped if I'd been out and it was bad too.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

Re: SPD

#3 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks
Leanne and children xxxx

Return to “Pregnancy”