babychic

Maternity Clothing

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

Maternity Clothing

#1 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

What do you ladies do/have you ladies done about maternity wear?

Due to my size already, I fit in very few of my clothes now so I'm going to have to start looking at maternity wear etc, but I'm not really seeing a huge amount that I like - most of it looks like I'll just be a walking advert for the Littlewoods catalogue (which while I'm not knocking the style, it's not very me!) And maternity clothes seem to be so expensive too!

I thought about just buying bigger sizes, but because I have skinny arms and legs, larger sizes just don't fit right and I look special :lol:

So I'm not sure what to do... For the sake of six months, I don't really want to fork out a few hundred pounds on clothing that could be better spent on other bits, but at the same time, I can't go on as I am, as I literally have about four items that still fit me!!
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Re: Maternity Clothing

#2 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm

have you tried matalan, new look and i think asda has a maternity range too. Failing that, how about ebay?
ImageImage
ImageImage

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#3 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm

have you tried matalan, new look and i think asda has a maternity range too. Failing that, how about ebay?
ImageImage
ImageImage

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#4 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

I've just been looking through New look, and they have some things I like on there, but again, I can't really justify spending £17-£20 on a top! I will probably invest in some of the jeans though, as they're not badly priced.

I've never really been a fan of Matalan clothes (though admittedly, I've not been in there for about 4-5 years!!).

I wish Primark did maternity wear lol

It could well end up being an eBay job!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#5 Unread post by nubs » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 pm

dorothy perkins in the sale for me - maternity jeans are brilliant, I brought vest tops and just wore with a cardigan and invested in 2 pairs of maternity trousers from new look
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 pm

I spent 2 years before getting pregnant with James buying loads in the sales. Sorry - not much help.

The new Look Sale is fantastic for maternity gear and when they happen - there are often items for a few pound - I found in store better than online but we are going back 3 or 4 years now.

The big ASDA at Lakeside has (or rather had as James is now 2 but prob still the same) a nice range of maternity clothes

I wore the pri

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

I find maternity clothes have a really good resale value on ebay so I don't mind spending a bit more. High Street-wise I've bought from New Look, H&M and Peacocks mostly, but I've also bought some bits, mainly on sale from shops on here: http://www.essexmums.org/maternity.html. Bumpalicious Maternity is really nice, as is Heavenly Bump. Love Maternity has a lot of second hand stuff cheap and ordered by size so I got a few bits from there too.

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#8 Unread post by lea-marie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks ladies...

We are going over to Lakeside at the end of the month so will have a good look about there - definitely think I am going to invest in a couple of pairs of New Look maternity jeans!

Kris - That sounds pretty similar to what I was thinking of wearing, since I'm going to be heavily pregnant over the summer.

My other concern is that I have a few weddings to attend this year before baby is born... I'm dreading trying to find outfits! :shock:

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm

I got most my maternity stuff from H&M. Think Dotty P's has a sale on at the mo and there is some maternity stuff in it.

I tended to buy vest tops in Primark at a size larger and they stretched with my bump and at only a few pounds each it didnt matter if they were out of shape I just used them as dusters after lol.

Know what you mean about spending a fortune on stuff as it seems such a waste for something you wont be wearing to too long.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#10 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I loved the New Look jeans hun and I think they were £16.99 but we all no we can live in jeans :lol: x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#11 Unread post by lea-marie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 am

Well I moaned at Andy over the weekend and NL jeans are now on the 'must buy' list! :lol:

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#12 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 pm

I've bought a few maternity tops and one pair of maternity work trousers. Otherwise I'm surviving on baggy jumpers and leggings or jeggings rather than buying too many new bits. The one thing that has been a fantastic buy has been a 'bump band'. It's just a stretchy strip of fabric basically that sits round your bump - I can still wear some of my londer old tops without worrying about them riding up or having a bit of my tummy sticking out!

KJ x

Essex Mums Book Challenge 8/25
Currently reading: A Storm of Swords, George R R Martin

Return to “Pregnancy”