babychic

Advice

For household tips and family talk
Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

Advice

#1 Unread post by Caroline12 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi, my name is Caroline and I am new to this site. I am wondering if anybody can offer me any help or advice. In 2011 I discoverd the badly decomposed body of my aunt in a run down house in Middlesex where she lay dead for over 6 months. Since my grim discovery I have I tried to piece together her final years. I have made many public appeals via newspaper but nobody seems to have known my aunt. She was a state registered nurse so I firmly believe somebody must know her if only to see. I know she could not have lived in the house where I found her as there was no running water , gas and any broken windows. Neighbours say she did not live in the house however she did visit regularly. I have contacted the council and they say this is the only house registered to her, however the house where I found her contained no personally belonging I.e passport, handbag, bus pass etc... I have reason to believe that she may have lived in Essex but where to start I do not know. If anybody can offer me any advice what so ever I would really appreciate it... I hope admin do not mind me posting this if admin wish to remove this post I completely understand.
Kind regards
Caroline

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Advice

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Wow, what an interesting story. Do you have any idea where in Essex? If you want to give some identifying details I would happily put it on our facebook page etc. too to see if anyone knew her.

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Caroline12 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Awah I would really appreciate that!! I have just given a brief outline of my mystery story so please do feel free to ask me anything at all. I will happily answer anything I can. I have no idea where in Essex possibly close to water? I know that is very vague but it's the best I have to go on at the moment. I have done so much research on this but each time I hit a brick wall. I don't know how or if I can attach photos to this forum but I could email a photo if you were happy to give me an email address ( I also understand if you prefer not to) my aunts name is Betty (Elizabeth) Walsh she is originally Irish but had lived in the UK over 50yrs. Please do ask me questions if you need to know anything.... Thank you for taking time to reply to me

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 pm

You can email it to me on louise@essexmums.org or you can upload it using the 'upload attachment' tab below. Hopefully it will help find someone who knew her.

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#5 Unread post by Caroline12 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you so much I will email a photo or two to you. I appreciate anything you can do for me

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 pm

I've shared it - will let you know if anyone posts on there rather than here.

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#7 Unread post by Caroline12 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Thank you

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#8 Unread post by Tracyx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Caroline,
This story is so sad, somebody must know something, surely?

We moved from Middlesex nearly 3 years ago, where abouts was it?? My in laws are Irish too and have lived here since the 60's I think. They still live in Middlesex. So depending on where in Middlesex they may know someone who knows someone etc?

I do hope you find something, someone mentioned Streetlife too. Facebook is very good at finding things out.

Good Luck.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#9 Unread post by Tracyx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:39 am

Sorry where in Ireland too??

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:11 am

Just thinking from fay's comment below - if you know her maiden name, date of birth etc you might be able to look on genesconnected or ancestry.com to see if you can find any connections.

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by Caroline12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Tracy,
Yes I agree somebody must know something.

Betty is originally from County Kildare in Ireland. Betty's house was in Southall just on the outskirts heading towards Ealing. Excuse my ignorance but what is street life?

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#12 Unread post by Caroline12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 am

Betty was never married nor did she have any children. She had 1 brother in Birmingham however he pre deceased her. I have searched Ancestry.com but I drew a blank with that. It just seems that she did not exist. Revenue have a small amount of info on her taxes paid but nothing else really. She did not claim state pension even so she was entitled to it.

Caroline12
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by Caroline12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:22 am

Betty was never married nor did she have any children. She had 1 brother in Birmingham however he pre deceased her. I have searched Ancestry.com but I drew a blank with that. It just seems that she did not exist. Revenue have a small amount of info on her taxes paid but nothing else really. She did not claim state pension even so she was entitled to it.

Return to “Home Talk”