babychic

Roof racks/boxes

For household tips and family talk
Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

Roof racks/boxes

#1 Unread post by Clairebear » Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 pm

I am after a bit of help, hoping someone will know as I am a bit useless with this sort of thing! I really love my Ford Focus and don't want to trade it in but it really isn't big enough for our camping trips, so my sister has offered to let me borrow her roof box with a view to buying it from her if I get on ok with it. The problem we have is that her Focus is a 2009 and mine is a 2002, does anybody know if the rack is likely to fit my car? Also, does the box have to be for a certain type of car/rack or is it universal, in which case I could still have the box from her, just have to buy the rack? And last of all, does anybody know how to fit them because I am clueless! :lol:

sadehun
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Roof racks/boxes

#2 Unread post by sadehun » Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Try halfords you should beable to get a rough idea then as they do Roof boxes :D

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah - my first step would be go to Halfords. We got mine from there and they were helpful. There are loads of different makes, types and fittings - it confused me. will ask Mike later if i get the chance

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 am

I suppose they don't have to know you're not buying from there - you could just say you're shopping around!

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 am

Can you not google it claire? If you put the type of box / rack it is and then it should link you to a site which tells you if its suitable? Or see Ebay a similar one and see if its written which cars its suitable for?

I think Halfords will fit them on for you for a cost if you dont buy it from there. Better make sure its on properly or you'll be picking bits up off the roads lol

Return to “Home Talk”