babychic

What did you do before having kids?

For household tips and family talk
Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

Re: What did you do before having kids?

#16 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 pm

I did bar work and waitressing while at college, then I went to uni and did my law degree, did bar jobs at the time which I loved. Then got a job as PA to an Ifa in Piccadilly, and went part time to do my masters. Wanted to work in overseas aid, my first job was really naff tho. From there worked on maternal health programme at London school of hygiene and tropical medicine, and then did communications at haemophilia society. Then I had millie! Now I do freelance writing at home, looking around for a new agency so I can do a bit more.

Seems we are a talented bunch, we should do a book! Cx

Horseymum
Newborn
Newborn

#17 Unread post by Horseymum » Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 pm

My background is legal; injury and property claims adjusting mainly claimant some defendant. Judo to national/international. I have had horses all my life so things have always been pretty hectic!
"DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'LL DIE TODAY"

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#18 Unread post by Jenn » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I have a friend who is in judo. Done it all her life and goes lots of places with it. She used to be from kelvedon hatch so i presume thats where she still does it!

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#19 Unread post by Gillybean » Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm

I worked in the old Odeon cinema in southend before ot was knocked down and turned into the university. I worked as an usherette basically just watching all the films lol, I was only 17 and too scared to tell people off. It's where David and I met too. :D

Then I worked at Lloyds Tsb, then Maplins in lakeside as a cashier. David and I owned our own cafe in wehnam drive before it got knocked down and turned into flats. I worked at readers digest extracting all the junk mail lol then I worked at Natwest then after having Abigail, David and I owned our own Sandwich bar called Abbie's then Dill arrived :D

LouiseFisher
Newborn
Newborn

#20 Unread post by LouiseFisher » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello,

I was a personal assistant in the north, Then my life changed when I met my husband and had a child. :)

weezypops
Site Guru

#21 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Was your husband from down this way Louise?

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#22 Unread post by lea-marie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

I was on a study year, getting ready to go to college and working in a photo-lab!
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#23 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm

I left school and went to secretarial college, started a 2 year YTS course at an export company, stayed there for 15 years, left and worked for a company selling tableware and kitchen equipment to the industry. Stayed there for a couple of years after being promoted after 10 weeks to an area manager - I loved the job, out on the road seeing customers, most of them in the West End of London. Then worked for a security company selling CCTV equipment, then found out my old job at the export company was available as had enough of road sales. Went back there and then found out I was pregnant with Mia, was there until she was about 3 months old until it went belly-up - the new directors were useless and found out one of them had gambled the business away. Was out of work for about 6 months then got the job at the doctors surgery and the rest is history as they say.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Return to “Home Talk”