babychic

It was a again.

wrigleysbextra123
Explorer
Explorer

It was a again.

#1 Unread post by wrigleysbextra123 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:07 am

Hi everyone.

I have lost count of how many months we've been trying for baby number three. Alice is 2 and a half now so I's say about 15 months on and off. The last 4/5 months we've been really, really trying with still no luck.I've not mentioned it on here before but I really would like to start talking to people in the same situation.

I found out last night that I'm not pregnant while OH was out and I haven't told him yet. I HATE telling him the bad news. I feel really low today in particular about it because now I feel like I'm letting him down. He never blames me or even admits that he's upset but I know he wants another baby as much as I do.

I haven't tried any ovulation calculations or anything so I'm going to do that. Any tips for a good food to eat that could help?
EssexMums Reading Challenge : 30/20,100 Pages Read
Currently Reading : P.S. I Love You Cecelia Ahern

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: It was a again.

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

I'm really sorry but I have no real advice although I just wanted to say good luck when you tell OH - hope it goes okay and you can have a nice weekend still!

Are you taking any vitamin supplements to help?

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am

Have you spoken to your gp at all, they may be able to advise.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#4 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 pm

I dont know about foods to eat, but folic acid and pregnancy vitamins etc. Also definately try the ovulation strips. Dont bother with the clearblue ones etc as they are so expensive and not as sensitive as the ones you can buy on ebay. You can get over a months worth on ebay for about £5. I used these with my first and fell pregnant first month. I also gave some i bought for a friend who never collected them to Gemma on here and she is now 3 months pregnant with her little bundle of joy. Whether it was coincidence for her or not, i dont know, but they have worked for plenty.

The thing with trying on your own is you may either miss the vital time, or do it too much as strange as that sounds. The pressure on yourselves doesnt help either. If you try the strips i suggest either avoiding sex for a week or so, or only do the deed every 3-4 days so that hubby has enough healthy swimmers (sorry if tmi lol) on the day it is needed. Then when the strip shows as positive for ovulation, do the deed within the next 24hrs. Hope this helps.
ImageImage
ImageImage

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:56 pm

I used www.mymonthlycycles.com and fell 1st month but not sure if it was luck more than clever calcualting. We picked the weekend I was ovulating and went to a swanky hotel for 2 nights, ordered room service and drunk buckets of champers!

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#6 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey huni.
I just want to say that I no how you feel sweets.
I didnt think it would happen for us again and it did.
You no what I accepted that maybe it wasnt going to happen, and for that month ony I used an ovulation strip.. I went and got a job for a start date for a few months time and ... yes it happened :D
All I can say hun is that I no its easier said than done but dont set your heart on it. I no how hard it is each month getting a negative and thinking its never going to happen.

I would speak to your GP hun and get referred to the Hosp, I did had my tubes flushed through and to make sure nothing was wrong, all was fine and its for your own piece of mind too.

Like Claire said, she for eg just relaxed and had a merry time :lol: Its not all about doing the "right" things all the time. Just go with the flow and relax!!!

When you no its the time, go out for dins, have some wine and go with the flow.

I wish you all the luck hun. I really hope it happens for you real soon.
Keep us updated. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “Trying to Conceive”