babychic

'Your' Song(s)

For advice and chat about relationships, whether with your spouse, your MIL, your friends or anyone else in your life
weezypops
Site Guru

'Your' Song(s)

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Do you and your partner have a song you think of as 'your' song? If so, why is that song specific to you?

There are a few that make me think of me and Kester. The first is a little odd, it's 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head' - the first night we decided to make a go of our relationship we were at a party. Our friend James was DJing and knew Kester liked the song so dedicated it to us :lol: and we danced together somewhat stupidly and happily.

Then there's 'Under My Skin' by Frank Sinatra. It makes me think of the early days of our relationship when we were falling in love despite us both doing our best to avoid it, haha.

"I'd tried so not to give in
I said to myself, "This affair never will go so well"
But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well
I've got you under my skin"

Then finally there's 'Good Day Sunshine' by the Beatles - we were driving across Italy in a van on a gloriously sunny day and this song came on our CD. At the line "I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day" we both turned and grinned at each other as it just summed up how simply how we felt. Even now, if it comes on in the car we give each other that same grin, rain or shine. :lol:

There are plenty of others too, but these are the songs that always make me think of us. What about you? Feel free to be as cheesy as I have!

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: 'Your' Song(s)

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Our song is 'Ive finally found someone' by Barbara Striesand and Bryan Adams, its our wedding song and a song which played on the 1st time Paul stayed over at mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4peuAODtc - this isnt the full version. Its from The Mirror has 2 faces

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: 'Your' Song(s)

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Our first two dances at our wedding were

Eternal Flame by the Bangles and

Truly madly Deeply by Savage Garden - Mike likes the stand with you on a mountain line in it! After a few weeks of going out - he e-mailed the words to the song to me and said it made him feel like we were right.

Return to “Relationships”