babychic

'I won't let my children play with friends that are beneath

For the discussion of controversial topics and serious debate.
weezypops
Site Guru

'I won't let my children play with friends that are beneath

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

'I won't let my children play with friends that I deem beneath them... that's what caring mothers do': Apprentice star admits she targets playmates who are a good influence

What do you think of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -them.html

Do you steer your children away from others you don't think are good enough?

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: 'I won't let my children play with friends that are beneath

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm

I wouldn't look on any children as being beneath them but do encourage them to play with the kids who seem nicer rather than the ones that are a bit aggressive etc. This is more the case when they have a particular friend who they are always falling out with and seems to be a bit manipulative, and it seems to be upsetting them. I might suggest we invite a different friend over, or that if the child in question isn't very nice to them today they play with someone else. i would never stop them playing with a friend, just try to help them see that they have other choices, and I am talking about if that particular friend is upsetting them, not just doesn't seem right.

I think that's vastly different to what this woman's doing - selecting friends based on academic ability etc. And stopping them going to a party because the child plays with certain toys is ridiculous! Total snobbery!

Return to “Speaker's Corner”