babychic

anti-abortion story - made me think!

For the discussion of controversial topics and serious debate.
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

anti-abortion story - made me think!

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 pm

This is floating around at the moment especially on facebook and places.

It made me think!

Don't really need to start a whole abortion debate (my views are that each situation is different and unique) but felt like I wanted to share it. It is quite shocking in a way but as I say - am not sharing in order to upset people just because it made me think.

As I say it is very against abortion so please don't read if you don't want to. I don't want to upset anyone.

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: anti-abortion story - made me think!

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 pm

The flaw in this, as I see it, is that once a baby is born they are able to survive without the mother. Yes, they will generally do better with a mother around, but it's not necessary for their survival. While a baby is in the womb it is dependent entirely on the mother to survive, therefore is a part of her body and is subject to her choices. I don't think the two are really comparable.

That's my opinion though!

Return to “Speaker's Corner”