babychic

Is it just me or is bringing up children a little boring?

For the discussion of controversial topics and serious debate.
sallyK
Newborn
Newborn

Is it just me or is bringing up children a little boring?

#1 Unread post by sallyK » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello
never posted any thing before, but as you can see from the subject I am finding all this child raising a tad boring ( feels good to admite!) ( I am a really bad speller so bear with me!) now on baby number 3 and all my friends now have children but all they talk about is there children, yes children are amasing and great but after spending all day and most of the night with them can't we still find our old selfs .... phew feel better all ready- any ideas or like minded adults out there?

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Is it just me or is bringing up children a little boring?

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Haha, I think there are certain aspects of it that are fairly mundane, like playing trains over and over again, the routine of it all etc. I think that's why it's nice to see other Mums, have a chat, go to new places etc. And yes, to have outside interests, a social life etc. too!

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I think if you find a balance between being a mum and being you it isn't as bad. I don't find being a mum boring at all. A bit frustrating when I want to go put but have no childcare but you get over it.
My kids are so different it keeps me on my toes and I never know what the day brings.
Maybe by meeting up with other mums and having some 'you' time it might help. Maybe vary what you do from day to day do your not doing the same thing daily.

stephalicious
Newborn
Newborn

#4 Unread post by stephalicious » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Its probably just that your with your kids 100% of the time and maybe not doing enough for yourself? How about getting a part time job or a hobby that's just for you and gives you a little bit of time out?

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#5 Unread post by Gillybean » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

I find bringing up children a challenge but also fun and rewarding at times. There are boring times such as repetitive play and listening to total rubbish they come out with sometimes lol but without them life would be boring for sure

Return to “Speaker's Corner”