babychic

I'm proud of my child because....

An area for jokes, games and general silliness
wrigleysbextra123
Explorer
Explorer

I'm proud of my child because....

#1 Unread post by wrigleysbextra123 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm

I thought I'd start a game where we can brag about our children! I'll start.

I'm proud of my son because..... he can read and spell his name, his sister's name and daddy.

I'm proud of my daughter because.... she can put pants and socks on my herself.
EssexMums Reading Challenge : 30/20,100 Pages Read
Currently Reading : P.S. I Love You Cecelia Ahern

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: I'm proud of my child because....

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

I am proud of both my children for overcoming all aspects of their prematurity and getting through all the 'rough' times medically!!

I am proud of my son because he is a whole year ahead of others his age in most things and over a year ahead with his reading!

I am proud of my daughter becasue she is able to name and recognise every letter of the alphabet, and now even recognises little words like, on, in, to (etc..)

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:30 pm

I am proud of my son because he has learnt to say deven (7). I am proud of him because he is so artistic and clever with a pen/pencil/paintbrush. I am proud of him as he goes to bed so nicely. I am proud of him when he tells me he is going to go and give dada a kiss at bedtime. I am proud of him when he washes his face - he gives it a good little scrub. I am proud (and rather angry too) when he turns my laptop on, goes to the cbeebies website(saved on favourites) and navigates round the pages playing all the different games! I have also just learnt that he can count to 29 (although a stranger would be unable to recognise the words! LOL!

I think I am just proud of him full stop actually!

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:38 pm

I am proud of Felix because he picks up things so fast, whether it's something practical like potty training or more of a mental skill like numbers. He loves learning and talking about what he's learnt. I'm proud of how well he speaks, and how much he loves books, music and drawing. I'm proud of how well-behaved he is and how rarely he has a tantrum, and of how loving he is.

I am proud of Iris because she is feisty, determined and smart. She already thinks she's a toddler and is coming on leaps and bounds physically. She has the most adorable smile, and uses it to full effect already - I think we're going to be in trouble when she gets older. I'm proud of how communicative she is already and how much she loves her big brother. Actually I'm proud of them both for how lovely they are (normally) towards one another.

sheeina
Newlywed
Newlywed

#5 Unread post by sheeina » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:03 pm

im proud of George for nearly everything he does. im the doting mum! lots of things make me laught though...the way he picks up the microsphone and starts singing and dancing...the way he makes me a million cups of tea (air tea) a day. the way he wakes up and says mummy and kisses my nose. i could fill this box so ill stop now. lol
Mummy to George

Total weight loss : 9lbs
total loss to go : 72lbs

lea-marie
Charli's Angel

#6 Unread post by lea-marie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:37 pm

I am proud of Charli because she is a very happy and well-balanced child. I am proud of her because she is 4 years ahead of herself in her learning, and she sets herself her own challenges each day/week to make that even higher! I am proud of her because she always has a smile on her face, and never fails to put a smile on mine. I am proud of her because she has had some difficult moments recently, like growing up in many aspects before her time, but she has handled it better than some adults I know. I am proud of her because of the beautiful person that she is becoming :)
Borderline hippie, intersectional feminista, SJKW and general grump!

artyfartymack
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by artyfartymack » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I am proud of Thomas for getting through 2 years of horrendous frustration at his own capabilities and how he has grown into a very kind and clever little person. he recognizes all his letters and all of his numbers, can spell and recognizes small words. His speach is as good as a three year old already and only 9 months ago he couldn't even walk!

BBOThymn
Newborn
Newborn

-

#8 Unread post by BBOThymn » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:12 am

But thats all right, because it is actually a vampire man-eating cat that is about to feed on your newborn child.

I have finals next week.

AlexBaxter
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by AlexBaxter » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:47 pm

Celebrating the achievements of children is a great idea. For those inspired by these milestones and interested in delving deeper into aspects of child development, particularly mental health, https://thesisgeek.com/blog/mental-health-research-topics/ provides a wealth of research topics. This resource is invaluable for parents, educators, or anyone keen on understanding the impact of mental health on children's learning and personal growth, offering insights that can help support and nurture our children's development with greater empathy and knowledge.

Return to “Jokes and Games”