babychic

lactose intolerance?

For discussion about healthy living, recipe advice and more.
Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

lactose intolerance?

#1 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Does anyone know anything about lactose intolerance?

Hayley was always a sickly baby, doctor automatically said it was reflux and prescribed gaviscon, but it carried on.

Once we started weaning and introducing solids mainly veg and fruit it improved so thought well maybe it was reflux, but the more foods we introduced I.e dairy it started coming back

I spoke to docs as we weaned her off gaviscgon as would with any meds as transferring to full fat and can't use it with that,as was worried as was coming back his advise was see how you go if doesn't get any better come back.

Transferred over to full fat milk no problems, no sickness even a vast change in her nappy content. But giving her yoghurts certain cheeses start her off again, yet milk and butter no problems,

Am cautious what I give her as is intolerant to tomatoes and strawberries, slowly reintroducing these back into her diet but today a simple packet of cheese wotsits has set her off again, once she is sick is absolutely fine.

I know were not doctors but didn't know if anyone knew anything about lactose, that could advise

Thanks xxx
Leanne and children xxxx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: lactose intolerance?

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 am

I think Gina's Mason was lactose intolerant? Was he? But I am presuming that she doesn't come on much. I don't know anyone else tho. Sorry. Well - my future sister in law is but that came on as an adult but don't know much about it tho. Sorry.

Return to “Health Talk”