babychic

What's Happening This Year?

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

What's Happening This Year?

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:51 am

I know we are quiet in here these days but thought it might be nice to catch up with what everyone is up to!

Big changes this year for us as Felix is starting secondary school. He starts at Southend tomorrow and is in Tuscany house. Lots of his friends from school are also going so hopefully that will help the transition but it already feels like so much to remember. He's excited and nervous but I think will struggle with the organisation side of things!

Iris is going into year 5 and wants to do the 11+ next year so it will be a busy year for her too. Her teacher this year is Mr Fleury, who Felix had before and is now someone we're quite friendly with, so the dynamics might be a bit odd as she is used to hanging out with him at the cricket club, has had him in her house etc. I'm sure it will be fine though, he's a great teacher.

Dexter is going into year 1, class Greece, and is very pleased because he has a couple of his best friends in his class. He's loving school and doing well - it always amazes me how far they come in reception!

So that's us! What about you?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: What's Happening This Year?

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:07 am

Big changes here too as James is starting juniors - which for him is a new school (same name and uniform but new building, new head teacher, new ways of doing things). He can take packed lunch tho now which he is super excited about.

William is off to high school in 90 mins - I have hardly slept all night. He is fine about it - even tho we only got back from Greece yesterday evening but I am so nervous about it! Has no friends going from primary but he doesn’t seem worried - I’m a little worried tho!

Another year of tennis for us - William plays at priory and chalkwell park and so will hopefully be allowed to change at school for it an then he will walk to his lessons from there?

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:30 pm

How is William finding it Jenny? Felix has had a great week and seems to really love it!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:35 pm

No problems here - well buses are a bit of a nightmare :( but otherwise fine and hoping the bus situation eases). He has had a good mix of lessons and seems to be fine. It’s good Felix is loving it too! :)

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”