babychic

Had a nice week?

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

Had a nice week?

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Just thought I would post and see if anyone's out there! How has your week been? I am totally exhausted, back in the normal routine but struggling to get up and very glad it's friday!

Dexter had his first full day at pre-school today and was very excited to be staying for lunch - he had his Paw Patrol lunchbox and carried it in proudly!

Went to a friend's this morning to plan a weekend away we are having next weekend. Going to East Sussex with a group of mums from the school which should be really fun - looking forward to it!

Anyone got anything planned this weekend? We have a much needed quiet one coming up!

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

Re: Had a nice week?

#2 Unread post by Clairebear » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Evening. Wow it's been a long time since I last came here!

Glad Dexter had a good day, he is growing up so fast, where has the time gone?

My week has been pretty tiring, back at work after 10 days off, plus my training has stepped up a notch, so I am really glad it's the weekend!

Not too much planned this weekend, nice, well earned lie in tomorrow, off to a friend's in the afternoon, not sure about evening yet. Sunday I have a 14 mile training run in the morning so won't feel like doing much else that day.

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 pm

How is the training going Claire? Are you feeling Marathon-ready?

Jeanette
The Nanny

#4 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Evening ladies.
Wow, Claire, lovely to hear from you again. I do admire your determination with your running. How are the girls doing?
I'm glad this first 'normal' week after Christmas is over too. It's hard work adjusting from lie ins and doing hardly anything to alarm clocks and daily routines. This is also Dens busiest time of the year so he is tired.
Do the preschool give the little ones a chance to nap if they need too?
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Clairebear

#5 Unread post by Clairebear » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Haha no, not at all! Plenty of time still though and the training is going well so far thanks, have just upped my club night mileage as well as the weekend run, this week's total will be 24 miles by the end of Sunday. Downside is feeling constantly tired and my appetite is through the roof, I get the feeling my shopping bill is going to be horrendously high over the next few months ;)

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:49 pm

No routine naps, though I'm sure they would accommodate them if they really wanted one! He made it until nearly 8 though, which is more than I thought he would manage!

Clairebear

#7 Unread post by Clairebear » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Jeanette and thanks, this is the first time that my utter stubbornness has been a good trait to have, it means I just refuse to give in :lol:

The girls are fine, thank you, growing up far to fast for my liking!

How have you been?

Jeanette
The Nanny

#8 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:56 pm

I wish my stubbornness would kick in again. I seem to have lost it years ago. I see so many people out running and envy their commitment. Two of my cousins and a niece are hugely into running. I used to be an exersice fanatic but it was done in the comfort of my own home, I don't think I could drag myself outside on a winters night to run alongside the traffic.
Health wise, I've had my ups and downs but I put a lot of it down to old age.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Good evening everyone. Has been over 2 years since I posted. Loving life living in Exeter sorry but would not move back to Essex now. Life here is good for the children, Mia is so settled at her school and next year will be her last year at primary school. Having to apply for schools for Mason (eeekkkk) and there is a lovely primary school just round the corner, so small that they have mixed years for the first few years. Will mean he will be at a different school to Mia, but with Mia going to senior school a year after they can both be at schools this side of Exeter and will mean I wont have the hour and a half round trip from leaving home to being at work.

Work is going ok, I went down a band in June so that I could go part time and means I dont have 12 admin staff to manage. Work is still stressful and busy but enjoy working where I do. Although still look out for anything better.

Hoping on here is ok, know I have kept in touch with some of you and try and get back for visits to see family and friends at least once a year.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#10 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:33 pm

School for Mason?! Oh my god, that's scary!

Schmushe
Blissful

#11 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Oh my god that makes me feel old!!! I can use that line 'I used to change your bum!' Lol

Days go fast for me these days. Working hard. Am a care assessor now as well as my normal job. Paul and I are hitting the gym more although with the coldness it's making my motivation waiver.
Kids are doing well. AJ still does her pupil premium extra clubs and ballet (obviously). Both are doing really well at school and hard to believe J goes into year 9 this year and AJ into year 5!

P is happy with his job and had a promotion about a year ago so is busy running his team of minions and dealing with emotional outburst from one of them. It's funny cause she gets emotional over every little thing. Shouldn't laugh but I do! lol

Love our house. It has it's faults but it'll do till we find another to buy.

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:59 am

Chalkwell use the pupil premium for subsidised music lessons in the infants, available to all at a really cheap rate which is really good - Felix loves doing keyboard club. The infants use it for bringing in people to do demonstrations, like science days, enterprise days etc. Interesting how different schools use it.

it seems crazy the kids are so old now - coming up to 9 just seems like something that always seemed so far away!

I really should get on with some tidying but really lacking in motivation today!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#13 Unread post by rachel jane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Afternoon.
All ok here with me and my lot.
I think I just saw Gemma's husband with Jack at footie I was drawn to look with the massive moustache he had it was huge!!!
Mine have had footie this morning and on now is in town and sleeping at her besties as its her bday. What age were you allowed in town? I was 13 and Connies only 11. I hate it this is the first time normally I take and hang around in town but haven't. She's the youngest out of her friends but very sensible.
i went to see Joy last night pretty boring and long. Think I'm going to see my friends band tonight.
Hope your all well.x

weezypops
Site Guru

#14 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:24 pm

I think 11 but then I was getting the bus to and from school so was already out and about by myself a lot!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#15 Unread post by nubs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Have had a busy week, Tom slipped a disk in his back sneezing last Saturday so has been off work all week as on strong painkillers, I was supposed to work all day Monday but ended up leaving at lunch and taking boys to the fun factory as they had a teacher training day - bumped into Louise and kids - was manic, left there and had to teach in the evening. Boys have been back to their clubs and back into the flow of school, Sam has moved up yet another reading level so that is good.
Today I went for a run around canvey whilst the boys trained this morning and then taught this afternoon, now i am suffering as the cold has got in my knees, Joys of getting older
Rachel I swear we went into town on our own once we started senior school?
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”