babychic

Chilly Sunday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

Chilly Sunday

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:53 pm

Brrr! It's chilly out there but a lovely wintery day, so bright and sunny still. We had a long lie-in this morning thanks to the kids, then went out for a late breakfast.

Kids and Kester are doing some jobs and I'm getting some work done, then we're going to go swimming a bit later. Supposed to be going every week but have been too busy recently!

No sign of that snow, beyond a little flurry yesterday apparently.

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: Chilly Sunday

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Evening

Cant believe theres only 4 more Sundays till Christmas day! (apparently anyway - I havent actually checked!), means I really need to get a wriggle on and finish the shopping. Hoping Black friday might throw up some bargains but heard its not going to be as good as previous years...Typical!

Got up and mowed the gardens, only a quick one to keep it all at bay - thats my excuse cause I missed a few bits. Cut P's hair and then had a film afternoon while P went to the tip with some excess rubbish.
Done all our Sunday cleaning and enjoyed a yummy roast!
TV tonight consists of Homeland and Im a celeb. Reckon Jeorgie or Vicky might win it

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Evening ladies.
Wow Michelle, you managed to cut the grass. Mine just seems too wet and it's looking really scruffy. I'm jealous.
I've had a very lazy day apart from doing the crosswords.
Den popped out to a couple of places early afternoon and he said the roads were chaos everywhere.
No snow but yes very, very cold.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Schmushe
Blissful

#4 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:25 pm

It didn't seem too wet / muddy tbh. It wasn't massively long but the front looked worse compared to my neighbours who has mowed stripes in so means we actually have to do it more often.

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by rachel jane » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Evening.
Had a nice weekend. I went to Oxford street shopping yesterday with a couple of friends on a coach trip with work. Was lovely and got a few bits.
Today Ted had a footie match and they smashed it they played really well. My feet were numb though!
Just watching celeb and Homeland!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 am

Oh my goodness - it was so cold yesterday.

We had a quiet day at home really which was nice. We went to Matalan to collect an order but spent almost an hour in there playing with the toys and stuff and Kenbro to buy new lino for the boys' bathroom and also over to Eastwood tile to collect some more kitchen floor tiles as we have a few broken ones. THen the boys spent the afternoon in the garden, playing tennis mostly but also cutting some bushes down - we did our grass last weekend so didn't need to do it this weekend - but ours was dry enough too if we had wanted, while I pottered and ironed and bits and pieces.

William does the Fantasy Football with the school and his team are currently FIRST out of 33, 213 teams so we are absolutely amazed and so proud of him! (We don't expect him to be there long as we are not really a football family but he is so pleased with himself!)

Also very proud of James this week - his reading is coming along and he just reads everything - every sign, every food box and although it means everything takes longer - it really is rather adorable and he just loves it. And James is just so super cute and wonderful at the moment.

Hmmm..... I think I am feeling rather thankful and grateful and blessed :)

William had a fabulous day at the O2 on Saturday watching the tennis - I can't believe how good their seats were - I am so jealous! STill - I did have a very nice day with James instead.

Apparently the police have said that they will not go out to any disturbance calls that are made from stores regarding black friday this year and so a lot of shops have decided that it is not worth paying extra for security and so they won't bother with it this year. Hence why Black Friday will be a quieter affair this year - and mostly either online or the same deals all week.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”