babychic

Tuesday - Back to School for Everyone Else!

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

Tuesday - Back to School for Everyone Else!

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:18 am

Back to school for us today, can't believe how quickly these holidays went! Not too bad getting up though a bit of a shock to the system, especially after a rough night with Dexter. Don't know what's up with him at the moment - he's complaining his bottom hurts but doesn't seem to have any noticeable nappy rash.

Kester is handing his notice in at work today - exciting!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Tuesday - Back to School for Everyone Else!

#2 Unread post by rachel jane » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 pm

When does he start his new job Louise? Is it nearer? More money?
I took john to his studio this morning and then went and got waxed and to Asda and now I've just put a casserole in the slow cooker and am drying clothes. Luckily my house is tidy so I can sit on my bum as I am in London for a long day tomorrow with ted and his whole year going on a boat trip and seeing Charlie and the chocolate factory. I'm very excited so I hope my group of kids behave and let me watch it in peace!!!!
Doing the school shop this afternoon and then the kids are having a Maccys as commie has netball after school and they all have karate and then connie guides.
Tracy I hope everything goes ok today!
Johns having his first counselling session today. I hope it helps him. He didn't feel ready to talk about it but it's been 6 months since he was diagnosed and now we can talk about it without getting too upset.
My friends wife is having her lump removed today. Luckily her cancer seems to be treatable so as least that's a bit of good news.
Anyway sorry for my depressing post.x

weezypops
Site Guru

#3 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:57 pm

It's a lot more money - £15k more in fact (sorry if that's really crass to say but I'm really proud of him!) and is a mixture of nearer and further away! It's two days a week in Reading and three working from home. Reading will be a bit of a pain but google maps reckons it's a 2 hour drive in rush hour so it won't be much more than his commute now, he'll just have to drive instead of snooze on the train!

How long does John's exhibition run Rachel? I was thinking of popping down to see it. Don't worry about the depressing post, it's better to talk about it than keep it all in. So many of you all have had a rubbish time recently, I hope things improve!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by rachel jane » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Cor that's really good you should be proud and 3 days working from home will be nice!
His exhibition is on till jan 17th. We took the kids Saturday. His work is really good. Someone he knows is a barrister in London and is moving offices and is in charge of artwork and he went to see johns work and johns going to London in a couple of weeks to meet up with him and see the offices so fingers crossed. Thank god he's got his art to keep him sane!!

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by rachel jane » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Sorry I've just retread my post and it doesn't say that his friend wants john to do the artwork!!

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#6 Unread post by Tracyx » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 pm

Afternoon All,
Back to school this morning , definate shock to the system. Didnt have any big issues with Tiannah though which waas good.

Back from hospital, all seems ok. Everything has gone so dont have to have anything done thank god. They did a swab when I was in hospital and found Strep B. Which doesnt affect me now but IF i was to get pregnant again it could harm the baby during birth, so they have had to mark my notes. They found a cyst on my left ovary which along with my ovaries going back to normal could be the cause of the pain. Have to take some vitamins and eat fresh veggies and fruit to build me up. Oh yes and something to look forward to, the lining on my womb is very thick so my next period isnt going to be nice apparently!!! I love being a woman sometimes!!
Feeling a lot better that everything has gone though, didnt want to go through anything else.

Rachel; I'm so jealous that John has a studio, I'm missing mine and painting so much. We are going to try and get to his exhibition on the weekend.

Louise; Well Done to Kester, but dont want to be the bearer of bad news, not sure the drive to Reading is gonna be that easy. Where we used to live can sometimes take us 2 hours to get to if not longer and he then has to get on the M4 and that junction is a nightmare. I do hope it does work out though. xx

weezypops
Site Guru

#7 Unread post by weezypops » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah, he's prepared for the fact that it will probably take longer some days but it's still going to be less overall than he does now! We've been looking on google maps at different times of day to see which work out the best but obviously some are going to be worse than others. I think he is planning on going round the top of the M25 rather than bottom too which seems to shave off half an hour or so and gives him other options if the M4 is bad.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Jenn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Oh Tracy - been thinking of you

Louise - ooh sounds good but def don't envy the drive. Will it come as a shock to his work?

Rachel - How was Johns session?

Took James to school this morning - well - ran behind him all the way there as he was in a hurry to get there. Then me and William came home and played wii all morning before collecting James. We had lunch and then went to the Panto at the Cliffs. Had fab seats in row c and although the acting/singin etc was pretty poor for most of them - it was so enjoyable and we loved it. THe boys are shattered tho! (They have a deal on for this week - matinees £30 for 2 and evenings £35 for 2 tickets.)

Right then - cuddle time and storytime and then baths and beds for my two.

Hope you all okay.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#9 Unread post by Jeanette » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Evening ladies.
Not much going on here, so I've had a lazy day apart from preparing mustardy sausage toad in the hole.
Tracy, I'm glad to hear that it's all clear apart from the cyst. Hope it settles down for you and that your next monthlies aren't tooo horrendous.
Rachel, that must be such a morale booster for John and I hope he gains something from the therPy sessions.
Lou, is Dexters bottom hurting the same thing he had on Boxing Day?
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#10 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:22 am

Ahh glad to hear about Kesters job. Congrats.
That's great news about John. Hope the counselling goes well for him Rachel.
Tracey hugs to you girly. Glad things have all passed ok and really hope things ease for you
X
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

weezypops
Site Guru

#11 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 am

I just reread and realised I must have accidentally deleted some of my last post. Really glad there is no ongoing problem Tracy, hopefully you can start to move forward. Do you think you will try again?

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”