babychic

Shortest Day Sunday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Shortest Day Sunday

#1 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi all

We had a lovely day yesterday - we went to the Christmas Event at Hever Castle and was so nice to be out and about. Was such gorgeous weather! - Rachel - what lovely weather you are having for Certer Parcs - good weather makes so much difference there!

Gill - Hope the holidays help Abigail and you can get some support.

Today - we are having a lazy day! Didn't actually get up till half 8 so that was lovely (well - William tripped the lights at seven so needed help and James woke at 7:15 - but then I went back to bed till 8:30) The boys were playing so nicely with the trains when Ic came down.

We haven't done much tho because of our late start - Mike and William went for haircuts and we did our Magic snowmen crystal sets this morning and nipped up to Waitrose for some bread for lunch. This afternoon, (after a quick baking session as want to make a few mince pies and jam tarts) is our Christmas final clean and tidy session. A good hoover all over, sweep and mop and a good dust. Mike also needs to take the boys upstairs so they can wrap my present together and write cards - I am always amazed at how long this takes them each year! :)

We are having roast chicken tonight - yum! Can't wait!

Right then - hope everyone is ok? Thinking of lots of people who find it hard to find time to post. Won't name you all but thinking of you!

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Shortest Day Sunday

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Afternoon all. We had a good night last night - games, lots of booze and lots of laughing until about 2am! I got to have a lie-in this morning too which was a result.

We're getting a rather cheeky pizza for lunch/main meal as we are out tonight - going to Cinderelleigh which should be fun so though it best to eat something substantial early on.

May attempt some work this afternoon but not sure if I can be bothered.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#3 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Afternoon ladies.
I had another lovely lie in till 11 although I'm sort of awake from 8. Den up before me to get started on his brewing, that's cooling down at the moment.
Crosswords are done.
One of my crowns has fallen out. :roll: This'll be the second time I've had to fit in the dentist just before Christmas. At least there's no pain this time.
We used to enjoy going to Hever castle too Jenn. Not too big. Very pretty though.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#4 Unread post by Gillybean » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks Jenn, she got angry today and got hold of a knife and pretended to cut her arm with it, we had to talk to her calmly and tell her she needs help to deal with emotions like frustration and anger as she wanted to go on her laptop but because we said no she tried to threaten us by getting the knife to hurt herself. We had all this years ago when she was about 7 so its not a new thing but stressful enough

its very up and down with her, one minute moody then next ok

Got a stinking cold and have spent the day in bed, have to more mornings at work then have 5 days off.

hope everyone is ok

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#5 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Hope your all ok.
Hugs to you all that need it.
Been rather hectic this end but wouldn't change it.
Fished work for the Xmas period Friday and had half day. Was so nice as did some shppping and lunch with mum.
No work, school or footy for 2 weeks well sort of. We arevgoing to Kent on Tuesday to watch Jack play for Southend.

Having everyone heretofore crimbo this year. Can't wait x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”