babychic

Admissions Monday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Schmushe
Blissful

Admissions Monday

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 am

Morning

Well emails should start going out as of 8am for secondary school places!! I know josh was nervous last night cause he was sleep walking. He got a towel and got in the bath and was about to turn the taps on!!

I had a bad night. Stirred at 1 checked my emails and then couldn't sleep till 4.

Got another distinction for a module :)

Having a literacy meeting at school. A children's author is coming in to talk and give tips on reading and then we get to share books with the kids after. It's all part of book week so will pop along later.

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Admissions Monday

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 am

I know quite a few people who have already heard - hope Josh gets what he wants. Isn't it your catchment school though, so he should be fine?

More work on the newsletter today then if I get it finished I will give myself the evening off I think! Really need to do a shop though.

Need to pop into next door's letting agent to ask them to fix the fence - it's supposed to be shared and we've done it the last 2 or 3 times and just can't afford to do it again. Am a bit worried they're going to refuse though.

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 am

Ooh Michelle - which author? Our school also has an author going in so probably the same one??

Mondays seem to be my busy jobs day recently which is really annoying as I would like to meet up with my friend instead? Got loads to do though and doubt I will get half of it done!

Must do some speech homework with James as didn't get time yesterday so feeling bad :( then William has tennis after school and Mike has a meeting tonight.

Have a good day everyone

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 am

If you log into your application on the council you can see your given school!

Schmushe
Blissful

#5 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:09 am

I cant remember which author tbh, but know they are at the school today and tomorrow lol.

Josh got his 1st choice. Yes its our catchment but nothing is set in stone relating to that when it comes to schools anymore. Quite a few on fbk are saying they didnt get their 1st choice and got their second and are gutted. Josh was chuffed - he did a celebratory dance before leaving for school. I got a bit emotional taking Alexa to school. I dont take Josh to school anymore but I pick him up most days and it will be very strange to have Alexa in another building and Josh not there at all.

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#6 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 am

Morning

Well done Michelle and Josh

Had a quiet weekend Darren took kids out and i managed to clean the house from top to bottom surprised how much energy i had, Yesterday Darren took Jess and Alex to church so me and boys planned on having a lazy morn, that didn't happen spent most of the time on the phone to Sky as couldn't get it to work, apparently have a fault with my viewing card so are sending me out a new one, so have no tv downstairs til it turns up, Boys were playing so quietly and friendly that it enabled me to get on with dinner and washing, when i went in to check Sean had found a pen and drawn all over the toy unit, little bugger his excuse was coz i wouldn't let him watch turtles,

Been to docs this morn about my ongoing cough and he has given me some anitbiotics, said my chest was clear but reckons its all sinus related, just hope these work. Just having a rest before picking Alex up to take him hospital about his eyes and then return him to school for after lunch and then to attend parenting skills course at school. once collected boys think i will have a rest.

Have fun xxx
Leanne and children xxxx

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:23 am

Michelle I've never heard of anyone who didn't get their catchment school. Maybe your friends put a 1st choice that wasn't their catchment which is why they didn't get it? You live practically opposite the school so the only way you wouldn't of got in is if you forgot to put your application in! Loads of Greenways got shoebury which obviously they are pleased about as it's futures catchment!
I've just made a soup and loaf of bread and fine a wash load so now it's time for a rest and to watch astro boy with Gus before trinket box!
Connie was so happy to go on her residential trip and a mum I had a row with nearly 2 years ago spoke to me today and we have sorted it out. It's good as the girls have been friends since reception and eventhough me and the mum haven't spoken the girls are still good friends. At least they can play at each other houses now!

Schmushe
Blissful

#8 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 pm

There were quite a few Rachel who live in Shoebury local to me who got Futures or Cecil so are appealing. A few who applied to Belfairs and got Chase but Belfairs is hard to get into these days.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#9 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 pm

afternoon

we applied for Chase and Shoeburyness originally but then put in a late application for change of schools as we moved house but Abigail was offered Chase.
I have rung the council who have said there are places at Cecil but can't offer yet as they have to wait for all the responses for 3 weeks so she is on the waiting list.

I like Chase but now we have moved it is too far

Abigail is at home today after throwing up this morning on her bed but otherwise seems fine, luckily the school has a 24 hours sick policy rather than 48 hours

have a good day

well done Josh
Rachel do you know what school Maddie got?

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Michelle that makes no sense whatsoever so these friends of yours must of put shoebury as their 2nd choice or forgotten yo do the form. Children as far as Kensington got into shoebury from Greenways and that is way out of catchment. You would never get belfairs from shoebury! Where do your friends live?

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Gill maddie lives in shoebury doesn't she? She would of got shoebury unless she passed her 11+. Am sure you will get her into Cecil!

Schmushe
Blissful

#12 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:07 pm

rachel jane wrote:Michelle that makes no sense whatsoever so these friends of yours must of put shoebury as their 2nd choice or forgotten yo do the form. Children as far as Kensington got into shoebury from Greenways and that is way out of catchment. You would never get belfairs from shoebury! Where do your friends live?
I only know what I have been told / read. There were several on mine and a few on Paul's today saying they didn't get their first choice. Many attend the same school as josh but live more Thorpe bay outskirts near the parsons barn etc. I don't think that many parents wouldn't do the form correctly! A lot in ours chose to put only one school down like us.

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#13 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm

My friends boy lives near Asda and he got shoebury? .. The catchment finishes at Thorpe hall ave and covers all the painters estate and shoebury high street. It's a low birth rate year hence why people from Kensington have got in so why wouldn't people who live in catchment get in?

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#14 Unread post by Gillybean » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:45 pm

thing is Rachel it may be a low birth year but because certain schools i guess aren't doing well it could be too many people applying for shoebury plus if they didn't do their 11+ or did but failed it could also go on scoring. Futures and Cecil are also alot bigger schools than some especially Cecil s it has 2 sites and futures is huge, all these come into facture

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#15 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh yeah I understand that but don't understand why people with shoebury as their catchment didn't get it but loads from Greenways out of catchment got shoebury that makes no sense at all. Children that live by the white horse got into shoebury this year.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”