babychic

Admissions Monday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

Re: Admissions Monday

#16 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Afternoon all.
Just a quickie. Glad most of the the news is positive girls. Hope you manage to get Abigail in Cecil ok Gill huni.
I rem getting Jacks application back and getting allocated a school i didnt want him to go to so called the council to find out availability in other areas. Called his current school amongst others to arrange a viewing for the next day and within days I had sent the forms back and he had his place. Its a shame you have to wait 3 weeks hun. Hope it all works out lovely x

Hope your all ok girlies and lil ones.
The boys are groggy again so Jacks been at home today boo, there goes is 100% attendance but should be fine for 2mor.
Take care all.
Cant wait for dinner tonight. I bought a yummy Pie, haven't had in ages. Doing it with chips and onion gravy :) No major cooking after today. Cleaned this place top to bottom around the boys. Going to jump in the bath and early night tonight that's for sure. Really hoping the boys sleep better tonight x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#17 Unread post by EmmaC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Congrats Michelle and Josh.
I had a dreadful nights sleep last night, probably totalled an hours sleep, so felt pretty dreadful most of the day.
I spent most of this morning sorting and packing everything for Isla and my trip tomorrow. There's so much to remember.
We're heading to Yorkshire via 3 trains tomorrow and then mini cruise to Amsterdam on Wednesday, mums 60th birthday. Mum still has no idea that we're taking her to Amsterdam so I've had to try and remember all the little things like candles for the cake, 60th banners and prossecco to put in the cabin. Can't wait to trail all that lot and a 2 year old across London to get the train from Kings Cross.
The boys and my mother in law will join us at the weekend for a family celebration.
Isla had her dance class this afternoon but Andy finished early and took her for me and picked up Finn as I felt so crap.
Isla has been fine after her mega vom incident on Friday. She's perhaps more tired and rosy cheeked than normal but nothing else seems amiss.
If I don't get back on here before we leave I hope you all have a lovely week.

weezypops
Site Guru

#18 Unread post by weezypops » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Enjoy your trip Emma!

Well as some of you might have seen I had to go and collect Iris from school because she walloped her head. Bit bump and graze but she's fine otherwise.

Debating whether to get a curry tonight to celebrate getting the newsletter out (assuming I do!)

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#19 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't get catchment areas at all, the high school we will eventually want the boys to go to is actually next door to our school, but even though the infants and juniors is in our catchment area the high school isn't. We will hopefully get them in on grounds of it being best school for Alex's needs (once statemented). But it sounds ridiculous.

Hope all kids are feeling better

Alex has now got to wear a patch for 2 hrs a day, I said he didn't have to wear it this arvo as he had P.E but he insisted, well apparently it fell off the fact he constantly played with it didn't help, so have told his teacher i will put one on in the morn and he is to wear it til morn break, so will see how we get on tom.

Proud Mummy moment Alex just sat down and helped the boys with their maths homework, He managed to explain better than me so was done double quick, wohoo :) :) :)
Leanne and children xxxx

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#20 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Afternoon All,

We had a brilliant parents eve and report for Tilly on Thurs eve. She has done her options and is on target and above for her GCSCEs, really proud of her. She has to do an audition to get on the Drama course so rehearsals start soon! No qualms for her doing triple science either. She wants to do Spanish as an extra which they will look into but not sure will be able to. She doesn't want to drop any of her subjects for it so crossing fingers! Met the Deputy head and she seemed lovely, from Shoe bury I believe, so is there new head too.
Mum went home on Saturday so kids were sad, Freddie wanted Nanny to stay forever and ever!
Managed a couple of hours at the fair on Sunday afternoon so that was nice, did cover Freddies spots but wasn't that busy anyways. He still has a few coming up so really not sure when he will be back at school!!

Tiannah came home today with her first book to read and she read it cover to cover all by herself, so proud! Proper Wow moment!

Well done on getting your places, think we find out on Freddie in April, I will have to check that.
Gill, I'm sure you'll get into Cecil no probs.Tilly has done really well with her grades there.

Right better get dinner going.x

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#21 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Afternoon All,

We had a brilliant parents eve and report for Tilly on Thurs eve. She has done her options and is on target and above for her GCSCEs, really proud of her. She has to do an audition to get on the Drama course so rehearsals start soon! No qualms for her doing triple science either. She wants to do Spanish as an extra which they will look into but not sure will be able to. She doesn't want to drop any of her subjects for it so crossing fingers! Met the Deputy head and she seemed lovely, from Shoe bury I believe, so is there new head too.
Mum went home on Saturday so kids were sad, Freddie wanted Nanny to stay forever and ever!
Managed a couple of hours at the fair on Sunday afternoon so that was nice, did cover Freddies spots but wasn't that busy anyways. He still has a few coming up so really not sure when he will be back at school!!

Tiannah came home today with her first book to read and she read it cover to cover all by herself, so proud! Proper Wow moment!

Well done on getting your places, think we find out on Freddie in April, I will have to check that.
Gill, I'm sure you'll get into Cecil no probs.Tilly has done really well with her grades there.

Right better get dinner going.x

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#22 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Well Done Tiannah and Alex awww.
I no its not the same but I find out if Ace gets his place at the school nursery next month too. He will be 3 wow. Cant believe he will hopefully be there each morning aww x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#23 Unread post by nubs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:50 pm

What was the deputy heads name Tracy? We had to do triple science at school for gcse

Sam is just doing football at the gym so I done a workout - Tom has taken jack to his training at play football for southend united and won't be home till after 7.30

The thing about all this catchment crap is that there is a criteria set out for each school on the councils website and what roads are included in that catchment so if children are getting in from outside the area over children in the area then someone at the admissions office needs to be sacked or the people it concerns have not done the admission form correctly or choose other schools over their catchment school - Gill is just sounds like you are having to just follow formalities with regards to dates for the school admissions to be submitted and Abigail will be fine

Paid for Sam's birthday present today - he is going to love it as he has been asking for over a year bless him! He is going to look so diddly x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Jeanette
The Nanny

#24 Unread post by Jeanette » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Evening ladies.
Another non eventful day for me.
I'm glad we didn't have all this palaver when selecting secondary schools. You were more or less guaranteed a place at your closest.
Glad you've got the one you wanted Michelle and Gill I hope Abigail will get her closer choice.
How's Toms mouth now Kris?
Gawwwddd Ace nearly 3, only seems like yesterday when he arrived.
We'll done Tilly.
Corr Emma, that sounds like an expedition.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Tracyx
Lover
Lover

#25 Unread post by Tracyx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Kris, the Deputy Head is Kate Lambert and Exec Head is Mr Schofield.
Tilly can take Triple Science as she is in the Ex Pop classes. She had a real issue with some girls which has all been sorted now but we are so proud that her grades didn't drop drastically, they did a little but she has picked up again and she really wants to work hard bless her!!
Gemma, We find out if Freddie gets into Hamstel next month, I am really looking forward to not doing the Nursery and school run!!!

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#26 Unread post by nubs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Glad the girl issue has been sorted Tracy girls are so nasty at times!

Tom is getting the stitches out tomorrow Jeanette but we think he has had a bit of an infection so he has been cleaning it morning and night - hopefully if the nurse thinks it an issue she will get him antibiotics
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#27 Unread post by rachel jane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Edie's doing triple science aswell Tracy. Well done to tilly.x

molliebooth2707
Newborn
Newborn

#28 Unread post by molliebooth2707 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:46 pm

Hope you enjoyed your trip! We took a mini cruise last year as a family and it was perfect! We did a 5 night cruise and the timing was perfect, it was a lovely way to see a few cities whilst also having downtime on the ship! Would definitely recommend, there are some great cruise deals available.
https://www.cruise118.com/cruise-offers ... deals.html

molliebooth2707
Newborn
Newborn

#29 Unread post by molliebooth2707 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:46 pm

Hope you enjoyed your trip! We took a mini cruise last year as a family and it was perfect! We did a 5 night cruise and the timing was perfect, it was a lovely way to see a few cities whilst also having downtime on the ship! Would definitely recommend, there are some great cruise deals available.
https://www.cruise118.com/cruise-offers ... deals.html

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”