babychic

Sunny bright Saturday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Schmushe
Blissful

Sunny bright Saturday

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 am

Morning

Shattered. Had to take josh to emergency dr last night then on to Queensway to get the prescription (not that they had it in stock). So was a late one.

No work today. 1st whole weekend since September I haven't worked. It's strange.

Chilling today and then off to FILs surprise 70th party. Will meet Paul's brothers new girlfriend too. People are saying it's too soon after him losing his wife but he's happy so that's all that matters. She died 5 days after Nathan so Dec is a very bad month.

Have a good day.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

Re: Sunny bright Saturday

#2 Unread post by Gillybean » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 am

morning.

had a nice walk into town today to sainsburys to get a few bits. home now, have inlaws coming over today.
got to hand wash clothes later as have no washing machine and cant order one till we get paid next week.

have a good day
hope Josh is ok xx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi everyone

Quiet today?

Is Josh ok? What happened?

We went to see Peppa Pigs Big SPlash this morning and it was fantastic! It was so good and I felt like I was in a Disneyworld Peppa World or something as it was so good and happy and smiley and the boys loved it and pointed and shouted out and it was lovely. I booked the tickets last June and so we were quite near the front and I am already wondering if they will be too old for it next year! Oh well - 7 weeks until we go Peppa World! (Emma - did Isla go today too? hope she loved it as much as my two!)

Then we went for a scooter down to Leigh and then back to Mamma Mias for lunch. Now home and dusting and tidying ready for James' party later on today. Mike is pottering in the garden.

That's about it from us. Tomorrow will be spent getting ready for school - we don't often get homework and William read his book on the first day but I haven't even washed the pe kit yet! (Whoops!) We are also going to sand down all the walls in James' new room and also all the paint work and possibly do a tip run.

Have a good day everyone

Jeanette - hope the op went well? Meant to pop on first thing. Thinking of you

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by rachel jane » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Afternoon.
What was the matter with Josh? I wouldn't of said 3 years is too soon!
Jeanette how's you?
I haven't done much today. I'm taking Connie to a party at Clements hall for 6 which is a bit annoying but it's one of her besties!
Jenn how was James party?

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#5 Unread post by nubs » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Been to Leicester today for Jack to play for southend - he won both games 4-2 and was very proud of him as I could hear the other parents complimenting how good he is, and at the end they congratulated him and high 5 him!
Tom still looks like a duck and is still rather sore

Have my nephews 2nd birthday party tomorrow

Oh and we have been in our house a year today!!
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#6 Unread post by EmmaC » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi
Jenn- Yes, Isla went with her Nanna. She absolutely loved it. Hope James enjoys his party.
Michelle- What happened to Josh?
Jeanette- I hope all went well today.
x

Jeanette
The Nanny

#7 Unread post by Jeanette » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Evening ladies.
Nothing from Louise yet?
I'm home from hospital thank goodness. There were a few of us that had a late change of plans and could go home. I was the only one that had a catheter so had to stay longer than the rest who were discharged after about an hour from surgery. I had to stay for 4 and then do a good wee. :lol: :roll: Feeling very sore now waiting for the painkillers to kick in.
What happened to Josh Michelle?
How did James' party go Jenn?
How's Tom with the concussion Kris? That can affect you for quite a while I believe. Happy birthday house. :lol:
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#8 Unread post by nubs » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:34 pm

He seems okay Jeanette, was tired and headachey yesterday
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

weezypops
Site Guru

#9 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Evening all. Been quite busy today. Kester hasn't been feeling well - bad tummy, so me, Iris and Dexter went out to our friends' house to drop off a load of baby stuff that Dexter has grown out of as they are due in April. Stayed to chat for a bit - think it was a bit of an eye-opener to them to see how much destruction a walking baby can cause in a short space of time, and he was quite restrained!

Popped to waitrose too before coming home- don't know where the day has gone really!

Clairebear
Shrinking before our very eyes

#10 Unread post by Clairebear » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Evening.

Hope Josh is ok, Michelle. I agree with Rachel, I don't think 3 years is too soon at all, especially if it means he is happy again.

Hope the soreness wears off soon, Jeanette.

Thanks for all the get well wishes over the last few days, was feeling so much better this morning so decided to do some housework as the place looked like a bombsite! Only got as far as the lounge and the bathroom and just felt exhausted and really lightheaded so had to abandon the rest. Had a nice afternoon/evening with Sophie though, reading, watching TV and doing some crafty bits. Mum took Sophie to church for me tonight as she has no first communion class this Sunday so at least I can have a bit of a lie in tomorrow :)

Ashleigh came home this evening, haven't seen her since yesterday morning as she went to my mums for dinner last night, my mum took her to youth club and she stayed at a friends last night and then went to the cinema with them today. She was home less than half an hour before asking if she could go stay at her cousins as she was home alone this eve and wanted some company! So that's the last we'll see of her this weekend!

Hope you're all having a fab weekend so far xx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:20 am

EmmaC wrote:Hi
Jenn- Yes, Isla went with her Nanna. She absolutely loved it.
x
I'm not surprised as it was brill! :)

Thanks everyone - yes James had a lovely party although people didn't leave until 9 so was a late night for us all! But it was lovely.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”