babychic

Silent Saturday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Schmushe
Blissful

Silent Saturday

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:04 am

Morning.

Kind of awake but not awake yet. I'm at work today so need to get up soon

Still buzzing from news yesterday. I got another university interview :) So have one next week and one the week after. I got the email after school yesterday and was trying to stay calm and keep it secret til is opened it in case it was an unsuccessful. Now need to prepare for the tests and interviews.

Hoping its a quiet one at work but doubt it! Let's hope the computer works this weekend.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Silent Saturday

#2 Unread post by Gina73 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 am

Morning all,

Well finished my first week at work, was a good week and am learning lots of new stuff. I am working at the mobility centre with is part of the RD&E hospital so yes still within the NHS. Lots of new terminology to learn as am dealing with orthotics and prosthetics. Everyone seems lovely and think I will fit in. Still have lots of names to learn as coming from a small team and there are about 40 members of staff. I have about 3 new computer systems to learn as well as all the procedures, I had brain freeze by Friday afternoon.

Mia is settling into school and had her first party invite yesterday. We had a meeting with her teacher yesterday just to see how she was getting on. She doesn't appear to have a best friend yet but there are about 5 of them that stick together and play so she seems happy. Her teacher is happy with her progress and is pushing her and she is responding well.

Steve and Mason seem to be getting into a routine and things are getting easier for Steve although at times he says Mason only wants me and gets so upset as I am not there.

No plans this weekend although Mia needs to practice her bike riding so she can start riding it to school, although the roads are less busy here she still needs to build up her confidence.

Hope all ok with you all, it is forecast sunshine today and rain tomorrow.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#3 Unread post by nubs » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:11 am

Jack is heading of to Brighton with Grandad to play in southend united u8's academy team this morning apparently he is really excited then grandad is dropping him to Basildon after to go to Sophie's build a bear party - Tom is taking them as I have swimming lessons to do
Glad you are enjoying your new job, brought a tear to my eye hearing about Mia - bless her - miss you x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#4 Unread post by EmmaC » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:24 am

Morning
We're snuggling on the sofa watching ice age 4- love weekends.
Gina- that's so lovely that Mia is settling so well and made close friends already.
Michelle- well done on interview.
Andys working later this morning so I plan on taking the kids over to southchurch hall with their skates and skateboard (and pads!) for a practice run.
Andys mum will be over this afternoon so it'll be fish and chips for tea.
Have a lovely day ladies
X

weezypops
Site Guru

#5 Unread post by weezypops » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Evening all. We've had a busy but nice day. Had a bit of a lie-in this morning then went out as the kids were going to Sophie's party at Build a Bear. They had a great time and enjoyed a McDonalds afterwards. We then went to leave and the car wouldn't start so my dad had to come and rescue us and take us back to their's while Kester waited for the RAC. Luckily it was just the battery and easily sorted!

KEster's just reading to the kids then we're going to play GTA and enjoy some wine and ice cream!

Jeanette
The Nanny

#6 Unread post by Jeanette » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Evening ladies.
A busy day for us after a lie in this morning.
Went to sort out the missing item at the door firm then on to Wickes for paint, rollers, a decorating coverall and a vent for the drier.
Put the first coat of paint over the plaster, another tomorrow. I had a shower before getting a late lunch. Back to Wickes for more paint. The wind was trying to push us off the road. Black skies.
As Lou has said, Den drove up to collect her and the children from town. They weren't here for long before Kester arrived.
I've been playing the Sims on the ipad for most of the day.
Good to hear you are all settling in Gina.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”