babychic

Thank Flipper it's Friday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
weezypops
Site Guru

Thank Flipper it's Friday

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:37 am

Not entirely sure why I chose that title. Hmm.

Still feeling a bit off today but Dexter's a lot perkier. Still a bit warm but much happier. Am debating whether to take him to Jo Jingles later. Would be nice to get out of the house and do something but I wonder if it would be better to stay in and let him fully recover aswe have a busy weekend ahead. Also don't want to pass it on to any of the other kids. Hoping he has a nap son though as he's very tired but figthing it and I need to do some work!

Felix was in a foul mood when I left him at the gate as we left his book bag at home. It's entirely his fault - I'd put both of the bags on the pushchair ready to go and he took his off without me knowing before we left, so when we got to the gate it wasn't there. He asked me to go home and get it and I said that I wasn't going to because Dexter's still poorly, I don't feel great, it's raining, I have work to do and it's his responsibility, but he was very annoyed with me. Can't help feeling I'm being mean even though I think it was the right hting to do. His teacher is very strict so he will probably be told off a bit.

Felix and Iris are both going to friends' houses after school so no school run for me later - yay!

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

Re: Thank Flipper it's Friday

#2 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:10 am

Morning

Yesterday didn't get any better, everyone and everything just got to me, Alex played up again on way home including running straight into the road the car was a distance away but still.
He wasn't in much of a better mood this morn,refusing to get in the car (don't normally drive), but it was pouring and had to get back for the gasman,he has also forgot his glasses this morn, i will take them to him, but can't until, the man turns up.

I'm currently waiting for the gasman to look at the radiators so catching up on sky + depending on time he turns up may pop to town then tea and chat this arvo and boys have swimming after school,thats it for me

Have fun xxx
Leanne and children xxxx

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Morning.

Went to look at a house last night. Was nice but didn't get a 'feel' for it so will keep looking.

Louise I would be exactly the same and it's up to my kids to be responsible for things like that. Lunch bags it would have taken (or got them a school dinner) but I certainly wouldn't go back for a book bag.

Horrible weather today. Can just see the sun peeking out so hopefully it'll change soon.

Really bored of lunchtime. Need some inspiration for different meals - as much as I love sandwiches or toast it gets a bit dull after a few days.

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Afternoon all.
Glad to hear Dexters doing ok. Hope you feel better Lou.
Im blitzing the house as been busy all week but feels good. Cant believe how old I am 2mor :lol:
Having a bit of an openhouse 2mor for famo and close friends etc. Parcels have been arriving all week and lots of them so i'm feeling pretty excited now.

Ace is doing ok. Yes took him to the docs and bless him on the way threw up so the time he got there he looked awful bless him. The doc checked him over and temp high but is just a nasty virus but could have it for a couple of weeks so lotsa rest. He isn't eating much and was sick again twice yest eve but hoping none today. He is sleeping now so just had a quick break and need to get on again.

Good luck next week Gina huni x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#5 Unread post by EmmaC » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Afternoon
Drove to school this morning so we could go straight over to B&Q. We've chosen some more paints for the chairs and shelves. It's very time consuming but the Dining room is starting to take shape.
After our trip to 'the orange mans shop' (Islas description) Isla and I went to playgroup. Home for lunch and then back out to the shops to get Tiannahs birthday present, wrap and card and pick up some bits from Aldi for tea. I'm going to make homemade fajitas. Yum.
We're just chilling watching cartoons before school pick up.
I'm trying to organise surprises and a big meal for my mums 60th birthday. Her sister, my aunt, is meant to be helping but is sulking because I vetoed her idea of chartering a boat. My Nanna had her 70th on the same boat and I knew that mum didn't rate it. She is sending me really petty stroppy messages over facebook so now I'm trying to organise events etc from 300 miles away. Really p***ed off with it all. I'm also trying to book a mini cruise to Amsterdam and she won't give me a bleeding answer as to whether I should book her a place or not. The woman is 56! How can you get to that age and still behave like a petulant teen. Rant over!
x

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Afternoon all,

Had training session at work this morning, is just an introduction to the hospital and all their policies and procedures. Have training every morning next week and then work in the afternoon.

We have lovely blue skies and sunshine here but know you are suffering with rain as we are keeping everything crossed that SIL property doesnt get flooded again, just as they have started to fix all the previous flood damage.

Gemma - hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow x
Louise - I too would have not gone home to get the book bag, they need to learn lol
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by rachel jane » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Gina are you working full time? Who's having Mason ?
I went for a jog this morning which was pretty hard as I haven't been for ages. I'm doing a 10k in London in March so need to do some training.
After that I haven't done anything I've just been lazy.
What other children are doing the sport shall athletics at garons next Wednesday? Both of mine are.
Teds got bb tonight and I have work. Connie is at her friends.
Have a good day!

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#8 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Afternoon!

I've not been in for a bit and I've really missed it. Louise, I would have done the same, even tho its the kind of thing Millie would have a meltdown over.
Emma, family things can be weird. my mum is organising and paying for a family villa holiday and certain people got funny about the villa not having a pool......

Millie has a friend coming over in a bit so we have pizzas,then dh is out tonite so I will be snuggling with Sofia I think.

Have a gr8 afternoon, much love xx

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#9 Unread post by Gina73 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Rachel - job will be full time, Steve will be at home with Mason to begin with, I am bank staff to start off with so can just do what ever hours I am happy to, to start off with. Havent actually been into my place of work yet but plan to after training on Monday. Once Steve has found a job then will look for a childminder for him and for Mia after school.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#10 Unread post by Jeanette » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Evening ladies.
Den got up earlier this morning as their work is stacking up. I stayed in bed. :D Couldn't lie in for too long though as it was recycling day and the bins needed putting out.
Changed our bed, washed, ironed and made a shepherds pie.
Cleared out another cupboard, disconnected the dishwasher and microwave.
Think I'm getting a cold now. Lovely. :(
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”