babychic

Wet Wednesday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

Wet Wednesday

#1 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:35 am

Morning

Hope all kiddies are feeling better xxx

Its quiet here boys at breakfast club and Darren started his new job this morning so enjoying the peace, need to sort the kitchen drawers, Darren's idea of tidying is to shove it in a drawer, which is fine but drawers only hold so much.

Thats it for me, might pop to town if stops raining but hing important.

have a nice day xxxx
Leanne and children xxxx

weezypops
Site Guru

Re: Wet Wednesday

#2 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 am

Morning! We had a pretty awful night with Dexter - he was in with us all night and pretty unsettled. Was awake between 3 and 5 and quite distressed. However, he has woken up in a great mood and seems a lot perkier. He's actually down on the floor playing at the moment which he didn't want to do at all yesterday. I don't know how much of that is still the calprofen and how much is him being a bit better but it seems to be helping him whatever it is!

Don't think we will go to Baby Sensory as I don't want to pass anything on to the other babies. Kester's taken the kids to school so that Dexter doesn't have to go out as yesterday he didn't really enjoy the school runs. Will have to go later though.

Have a nice day everyone!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#3 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

Morning all

Just back from he Boots sale day. Wasn't very good actually but got 8 people all done for Christmas so that's good!

William said he was perfect this morning but I have a feeling from the way he looked/acted that he is still in a lot of pain but just didn't want to miss the school council meeting today.

Just having a quick sit while James rebuilds his train track before Tumble Tots. After lunch we need to do a supermarket shop - we don't have much on our list and I need to go to the post office so may just nip into Waitrose.

Beavers this evening and then we need to carry on with the Scout planning as didn't get that much done last night.

Hope everyone is having a nice day - glad Dexter is a bit perkier - hope he continues to improve.

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#4 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Afternoon
How's Ace now Gemma?
Glad Dexter is feeling better enough to play at least.
We've had a busy morning so far. School run and then Isla and I went to check out a potential nursery for after Easter. She didn't want to leave so thats a positive sign.
Then went to the post office, dropped some bits into a charity shop and did a mini shop for dinner bits.
Andy is off this afternoon so we're completely ripping off Rachels idea and going over to Westcliff to try and get some mis matching chairs to upcycle for our dining room.
Jeanette- What is it you need doing? I've just had a quick chat with Andy and he'd be happy to come and see you today or tomorrow if the plumber still hasn't been. Give him a call on 07812075648. www.andrewjamesplumbing.co.uk
Right, we better get a move on if we're going to be back in time for school run.
xxx

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Gina73 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Morning all,

A damp day here, yesterday the car windscreen was all frozen over but is milder today. Mason seems to be sleeping much better only had to lie with him for just over half an hour last night.

I got an email to say I can start work next week. I popped along to the hospital HR dept yesterday and filled in a mountain of paperwork. Took me an hour in all. I have to attend a training morning this Friday and then another one on Monday morning before starting at work, spoke to my managers and they are looking forward to me starting, have a good feeling about the job. Will be good to start earning again and then we can start looking for our own place.

Hope all the little ones that are not well are feeling better soon x
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#6 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Emma, isn't Isla at Hamstel?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#7 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:01 pm

ooh what nursery Emma? I am dithering for James. Louise - Isla is the same age as James so won't start at Hamstel until September

weezypops
Site Guru

#8 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Ah right, for some reason I thought she was already there.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#9 Unread post by Gillybean » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:00 pm

afternoon, just got confirmation we get the keys valentines day for new house.

glad dexter is feeling better
hope william is ok jenn

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#10 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 pm

It was Cockleshell pre-school in the Southchurch adult college. It's only a 5-10 minute walk from home. I was quite happy to have her wait until September to start at Hamstel but since the schools went back after Christmas she's been asking to go to her own nursery. She's such a social little thing that I think I bore her now.
Freddie, Tracys little one, started at Hamstel nursery last September so that may be the confusion.
Gina- Fab news. It must be a little nerve wracking being the new girl again but how exciting. I'm really pleased that it's all falling into place for you all.
x

EmmaC
Graduate
Graduate

#11 Unread post by EmmaC » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Gill- congratulations neighbour.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#12 Unread post by Gillybean » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 pm

haha emma where abouts do you live

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#13 Unread post by nubs » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Emma - I think that is the nursery that my cousin works at, I might be wrong though
So bored at work need to find a way out !!
Good news about your start date Gina!
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Leanne&5children
Expectant
Expectant

#14 Unread post by Leanne&5children » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Wow what a day

Fell asleep this morn for about 3 1/2 hrs, must of needed it but when i woke i was freezing and struggled to get warm again, last few days i just can't get warm hope not coming down with something.

Darren had a great 1st day,and all 3 boys had excellant days at school for various reasons, so we went out for dinner, just to the new hungry horse but it was lovely meal and all 3 boys were well behaved.
Alex came home, minute walked through the door he strangled his brother for no reason,so was sent straight to bed only 1/2hr earlier than usual but now we are having a stand off, we haven't had one for about 5mnths so hoping doesn't go on much longer, what makes me laugh is that Sean and Brendan sleep through it all

Anyway hope you all have a quieter evening than me xxx
Leanne and children xxxx

Jeanette
The Nanny

#15 Unread post by Jeanette » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Evening ladies.
Not much happening here today apart from going to get my hair cut and coloured. Appointment was at 1 and didn't get home till 3.40, took longer today for some reason. Had a very late lunch then did a pile of ironing and prepared bits for dinner.
Emma I need a gas registered plumber to install my new tumble drier. This is my 3rd and I used to do them myself but the law has changed and now you need a qualified fitter. Den suggested asking the kitchen fitting company if they could do it as they will be capping off the gas supply to the cooker and they have said they will, no problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”