babychic

Sunyish Sunday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
libralady
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

Sunyish Sunday

#1 Unread post by libralady » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:30 am

Morning all,

Happy mothers day!!!!

I had mine yesterday as today is Ians birthday so I got spoilt yesterday and he is going to get spoilt today when he gets up.
We have got a nice day planned, will do pressies later and then we are going to the Holiday Inn at Basildon for a 3 course lunch and then to watch a Michael Buble tribute act so really looking forward to that. Then this evening have got both sets of parents over for a birthday/mothers day tea so I will lay on some nibbles and cake etc so that should be nice. So all in all should be a nice day just hope the sun remains shining.

Hope you all have a lovely mothers day and get to relax and get spoilt.
Kris - Hope Sam has a lovely party and it all goes well x x
Dianne - Mum to Daniel, Louise and Christian, wife to Ian.

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

Re: Sunyish Sunday

#2 Unread post by Gillybean » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 am

morning. kids gave me their hand made mothers day cards on friday so they've come in this morning all normal with nothing to say lol. i've made the coffee and sorted breakfast out too but hubby is making roast pork with all the trimmings for a late lunch with all the family over and saving half the crackling for me for this evening when everyone has gone. not upto much today i did all the washing and ironing yesteday so i can relax tooday. have a good day today ladies, hope you all get spoilt.

sarahsquarepants
Teen
Teen

#3 Unread post by sarahsquarepants » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am

Morning all,

Lovely mummy's day this morning as Sarah is now old enough to understand it. Brought croissants chocolates and flowers in bed accompanied by lots of cuddles and kisses! She is also growing me a plant, although I have no idea what it is yet! We are off to bluewater with mum and sis soon.

Wishing everyone a lovely mothers day.

Kj and Sarah

Essex Mums Book Challenge 8/25
Currently reading: A Storm of Swords, George R R Martin

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

#4 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 am

Mooorning lovelys :D
Happy Mothers Day :D :D
Aww I had brekkie of Croissants and Juice with Flowers and a prezy bought to me this morning and Jacks home made card that he made with Doms yesterday, it really is lovely :D

Seeing the mummys and nan today for a big famo meal, will be nice looking forward to it. All cooking bits up and meeting up, perfect!! O should I say Doms cooking bits up :lol:
We are just playing Dens and Ben10 :lol:
Jacks so excited today bless him, keeps disappearing and writing me notes. x

Have a lovely day all and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Seeing my bro. SIL and nieces today at mums too, love famo time.

Take care all and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hope all teh kiddes are ok, lotsa love x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Millie_loves_Luca
High-flyer
High-flyer

#5 Unread post by Millie_loves_Luca » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 am

Happy Mothers' Day!!

Millie got up all by herself and came in to say happy mothers day. she gave a card she made at preschool, she is very proud of it. She had also been shopping with daddy and opened my present for me, so sweet. then dh made me a hot choc and she carried up upstairs all by herself.

Think she's worn out now as on sofa watching winnie the pooh! Going to my mums later.

Have a lovely day, much love xx

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#6 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

Morning all!

We just had has browns, egg and bacon! Wow! Probably the first cooked breakfast we have had at home since the day after our wedding! LOL! That was like 8 years ago LOL! Anyway - it was yummy and a real treat!

Off to MIL this morning and then my mums for lunch and then hopefully a walk down the seafront - we are taking William's scooter with us.

That's about it for me!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Oh just a quick thing Louise - is there anyway of marking a post othat you have read as un read or ear mark it or make it show up that you want to remember it? Does that make sense? Like some of the what's on things - I read in the morning and then want to suggest them to Mike either in the evening or sometimes weeks later when the thing is actually going on - but I always forget about it :( No worries if there isn't but just thought I would ask! Thanks. (I suppose I could just be more organised and write it straight on the cALENDAR or somewhere???? LOL! Just being a lazy I suppose! But thought asking won't do any harm! Thanks

teenyweens
Settler
Settler

#7 Unread post by teenyweens » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 am

Happy Mothers Day Ladies

Hubby went work this morning, should be home 6:30pm. Gonna do sausage stew in slowcooker for dinner later.

Got lovely elephant mum and baby soft toy and a little tea pot with matching tea cup it's lovely (as well as flowers, chocolates and cards).

Probably spend most of today in the garden with the girls and relax a little.

Kris, hope Sam has a lovely birthday party today. xx

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by rachel jane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 am

Morning all.
I got a home made card from all 4 kids and one from John i got flowers, sweets, chocolate, more chocolate (think they know me too well) and a cd.
We are off for lunch at 12.30 and then i thought we might go for a walk down the seafront and maybe go to the arcades.
Have a lovely day everyone.x

Schmushe
Blissful

#9 Unread post by Schmushe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:40 am

Morning.

Got breakfast in bed (peanut butter on toast for some strange reason?) and juice. Got my cards (handmade and shop bought), my 2 adele CDs for in the car, a key ring and a ornament bear.
Just having a rest in bed still. Got backache and tummy ache.
Going to Sams party later on so will be lovely to see a few faces.
Am missing Nathan lots (no change there). But it makes it harder on days like this where he should be here too.

Have a good day xx

Brettsgirl
Bootie-licious

#10 Unread post by Brettsgirl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 am

Morning mummies!! Happy Mothers Day!!

Today we are going out to a really picturesque village that has a great artsy centre because I'm considering selling there. Before I put too much effort into working logisitics we are going to see the space on offer and see if it's too big/small for what I make. I'm excited at the prospect because it could mean I don't need to look for craft fairs as the tourists would come to me (and everyone else that sells there)!

Tonight we are going to my MILs as she's cooking us roast dinner. Seb has painted grandma a card, which I have to write on so he can give hit to her when we arrive. I'm sure she will love it.
Image ImageImage

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#11 Unread post by rachel jane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Sending you hugs Michelle.x

weezypops
Site Guru

#12 Unread post by weezypops » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Hmm Jenn, I'm not sure. I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.

Glad to hear everyone has been spoilt so far today! I got a lovely long lie-in, breakfast in bed and three cards, despite there only being two kids. Hmm. Felix drew me a lovely picture with grass, a rainbow, the sun, the sky and a tree dropping apples, which was a random, albeit sweet touch! Iris sat on the bed saying "Happy birthday Mummy!" over and over. :lol:

Off to Sam's party later, looks like it should be a nice afternoon for it!

Gillybean
High-flyer
High-flyer

#13 Unread post by Gillybean » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 pm

well so far since waking up and making breakfast this morning i have been kicked and hit by Dill and he's been cross at me all over a blue envelope for a birthday card :? then hubby decided after putting on the roast that he would paint the bathroom white and i ended up helping him and after going over the edges with a paint brush i ended up scrubbing the flecks of paint off the lino floor :roll: :roll: .

so much for relaxation and pampering, I didn't get any gifts from the kids but the new Laptop hubby bought me this week is Fab so I am regarding that as my pressie lol

have a nice day every one

Michelle it must be hard I am sending you hugs too

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#14 Unread post by nubs » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Well party organised woke up to sunshine so having a BBQ
Currently having to watch Sam ad he keeps finding the eggs we have hidden for the Easter egg hunt
Looking forward to seeing everyone plus feel quite refresh as slept for 11 hours last night then got breakfast in bed x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

Jeanette
The Nanny

#15 Unread post by Jeanette » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Evening ladies. Hope you've all had a lovely Mothers Day. I got 2 huge bunches of flowers from Louise and Andrew. I can't get enough flowers.
Got woken by the boys next door playing football, so didn't get as long a lie in as we'd have liked. I've done my usual Sunday crosswords, washed and ironed, seem to have been on the go all day.
I hope the sun hangs around for Sams party Kris.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”