babychic

Thursday

The place for general conversation. Share the events of your day, something funny that happened to you or just the general ramblings of your mind.
rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Thursday

#1 Unread post by rachel jane » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 am

Morning ladies.
Gus has been having bad nights as he has a stinking cold and gets his horrendous cough with it but last night was better and he only choked once and i gave him his pump and it seemed to work.
Connie is coming back at 9.30am and then we are going to my ma and pas to see my sister and spend the day there i guess.
I went to see Johns mum at the hospital last night and she looked well and has been moved to the rehab bit and is having physio everyday so hopefully she will be allowed home soon.
I went to see my friends wedding photos after the hospital and there are some lovely ones of the kids.
Anyway have a nice day.x

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

Re: Thursday

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:23 am

Morning all

Glad Gus had a better night!

I am extremely tired :( oh well! This morning we are going to the Children's Centre for a session. William misheard me and thought we were going to Ambleside college again and got very excited! Awwww :( Will take James in the sling as you can't take pushchairs in! Not sure if it will be any good but we can always leave if it isn't! Also booked into a session tomorrow too!

This afternoon - we are going to the supermarket as I was going to go tomorrow instead but William has asked if we can go today! Odd child! I mean - I do try and make it fun for him but even so???? Might try and fit in the duck park before the supermarket - William is scared of the halloween decorations in the house but might take him in anyway? In the hope that one day he will think it is fun!

Mike is working at home today so that is confusing me as Friday is his working athome day but because he is away next week and has lots to sort. Mind you - he is on meeting calls between 9:30 and 12 and between 1 and 4 - so we need to be quiet and he will hardly see us anyway! Oh well!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Schmushe
Blissful

#3 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

Morning

Hope all those unwell feel better soon. How is your MIL Rachel? and your dad Jenn?
What was the meal Kester cooked then Louise?

I dreamt that Gina was in the bath (Dont ask me why I was in there) and she gave birth to a boy, it was so realistic and before I had chance to call Steve and the Midwife who was in the other room, the baby was out. He had a head full of browny / black hair and looked like Mia!! LOL - I really need to stop eating before bed!!!

Need to pop into town to transfer some money from one account to another, didnt think or could of done it online but forgot and now its too late. Got tons of washing to do - just for a change and Josh has homework on India he has to do. Got a busy few days coming up so today really is my last chance to get everything done!

weezypops
Site Guru

#4 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 am

Morning all,

Glad Gus had a good night Rachel.
Jenn, how's your dad?
Michelle, it was steak with potatoes dauphinoise, veggies and peppercorn sauce, plus some champagne and dessert - all very yummy.

We're having a pretty relaxed morning then will be going over to Kathryn's this afternoon because she's looking after the kids while I have a driving lesson. Then Claire's coming over this evening and we're going out to Panchos - yum!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#5 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 am

Ooh - Louise - Panchos is the best! have fun!

Haven't spoken to my mum or dad this morning! Will call later!

Michelle - odd dream!

Right must go although having trouble getting William to get ready!

Schmushe
Blissful

#6 Unread post by Schmushe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 am

Sounds nice Louise - bless him, sometimes men can be so sweet and thoughtful.

Jeanette
The Nanny

#7 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Afternoon ladies. What a grim looking day it is out there. Oh it's raining again.
I had the best nights sleep so far last night but woke up feeling ill. Kept having to sit down as I was feeling very dizzy. I ended up laying/dozing on the sofa all morning and I don't think I'll go for my walk today. I don't have a temperature or anything so it may still be blood pressure related.
Your dinner last night sounds yummy Lou. Enjoy tonights too.
Hope your dad is ok Jenn. Is it definite that he'll lose the finger?
Rachel sounds like thinks will improve with your MIL. Sorry to hear Gus isn't well but it's good that he's getting better.
That was a very vivid dream Michelle. So a boy with lots of dark hair. What were you eating? :lol:
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Afternoon all,

What a miserable day out there. Worked this morning and then picked Mia up as waiting for the landlord to turn up as our oven keeps tripping the elec switch when it is turned on.

I have been feeling so uncomfortable since yesterday evening. Doc checked me over and I phoned MB1 but the midwife didnt seem that concerned and as I have an appointment tomorrow with my midwife am to talk to her about it tomorrow. Just feel like my waters are dripping again as they did with Mia - she said to keep an eye on it and if it got worse to phone them back. Am so not ready for baby to make an appearance just yet. Although my hospital bag is packed, Mia decided to unpack her bag to fill the suitcase up with toys whilst she was 'tidying' her bedroom. So need to repack that and put somewhere out of her reach lol.

Michelle - what a strange dream, not sure what you would be doing with me whilst I have a bath lol.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

weezypops
Site Guru

#9 Unread post by weezypops » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Gina, did Mia come early?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#10 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Gina - rest up tonight - what time is your midwife appointment tomorrow? Well done on being organised! William came this early and we didn't have the cot up or my bag packed! LOL!

Have felt pretty ropey today! Probably just lack of sleep catching up but I had a 20 min doze on the sofa! Luckily the boys were good! phew! James has become a snot bag today and WIlliam is wheezy/croupy but fine in himself.

Didn't make the supermarket :( But did make cookies with William and we finally got round to colouring in his fireworks poster for school - we have to display it and then return it on the 7th for a competition. Not expecting to win but as it happens every year - I felt I should get him to do it and get used to doing it.

We are having a mini roast for dinner so once that is all in the oven we are going to play WIlliam's maths game and then William has asked to play the wii! He hasn't for ages so seeing as I don't want to do anything else - I have agreed!

No Scouts tonight! Although because Mike is home - I keep thinking it is a Friday so will get a shock tomorrow when the alarm goes off! :(

Details have just come out for Mike's work Children's Christmas Party :) Can't wait! Although they have made it shorter this year :( But still going to be soooooo good! I so hope we get a space! DOn't find out till th December!!!

jennagooding
Newlywed
Newlywed

#11 Unread post by jennagooding » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi everyone,
What a funny dream Michelle! Take it easy Gina how long do you have left at work? Louise what a yummy dinner!! Can I send Mark round so he can get some tips from Kester??? lol. How are you feeling now Jeanette?
Sounds like everyone has had really busy days!
I've been at uni since 9am- and only just got home! So a really really long day for me- I'm absolutely exhausted. x

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#12 Unread post by rachel jane » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

I had a nice day with my sister we went to town while my mum looked after the kids. We had our eyebrows threaded, i bet everyone has had it done but it was my 1st time but i think i will carry on having that done over waxing.
My MIL is getting stronger thanks Michelle!x

Gina73
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#13 Unread post by Gina73 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Mia was induced Louise, she was 2 weeks overdue. Was due to go in on the Saturday to be induced but went in on the Friday as waters were dripping and I was 3cm dilated so they kept me in and did it a day earlier.

I dont finish work til after my due date lol. I am due 25th November but have put my leaving date down as end of November, I only work 5 hours in the morning and spend the whole time sitting down so want to work for as long as possible so I have more time off after baby is here. I have booked the following Mondays and Wednesdays off as was due some holiday so will only be working 3 days a week. Work are being really good and just letting me take it week by week and see how I feel. I work in the right place if anything was to happen having a doctor and nurse on call at work cant be bad lol.
Mum to Mia & Mason, wife to Steve - life is for living.

jennagooding
Newlywed
Newlywed

#14 Unread post by jennagooding » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes you're right -you are!!! lol x

Jeanette
The Nanny

#15 Unread post by Jeanette » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm

jennagooding wrote:Hi everyone,
What a funny dream Michelle! Take it easy Gina how long do you have left at work? Louise what a yummy dinner!! Can I send Mark round so he can get some tips from Kester??? lol. How are you feeling now Jeanette?
Sounds like everyone has had really busy days!
I've been at uni since 9am- and only just got home! So a really really long day for me- I'm absolutely exhausted. x
Thanks for asking Jenna. I'm mending but so tired, must be the painkillers. Been feeling a bit dizzy and sickly today though.
Mum to Louise and Andrew, Nanny to Felix, Iris, Dexter and Charlie.

Return to “A Bit of a Chat”