babychic

parenting an adhd child

For support and advice about disabilities & SEN
weezypops
Site Guru

Re: parenting an adhd child

#16 Unread post by weezypops » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I just thought it might be good too because you then wouldn't have to leap to shut the door every time and would be able to remain a bit calmer!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#17 Unread post by Jenn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:29 pm

I grew up with our front door locked and my sister locks her front door too. Either keep your keys by the door or some people hang them on a hook by the door. We don't lock our door yet but we will when William becomes tall enough and strong enough to open it.

BrandonsMum08
Thirty-something
Thirty-something

#18 Unread post by BrandonsMum08 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 pm

We also keep our front door locked because Brandon can reach the handle and open it. I would say lock it, put a hook next to the door, but dont put the keys directly on the hook because thats how people break in. They reach through the letter box either with arm or stick and get the keys. I have a bag hanging on the hook next to my door and keep my keys in there. As for the embarrassing thing, people dont give 2 hoots. Ive done it many times and dont care.

But back to the behaviour... I saw you say in another thread that you hadnt looked at her diet at all. If im honest, i really think you need to do this. Im not saying there isnt a problem with a name there, but certain foods/preservatives/colours can make the behaviour 10 times worse.
My Brandon really tests me with his behaviour, but we cut out so many foods, mainly sweet stuff, to if it made any difference and it really does. We still let him have occasional treats at home, but we prepare ourselves for the behaviour that comes with it. I can always tell if OH has given him a sneaky treat because he ends up bouncing off the walls and because we are home and he can burn it off quick enough, he ends up being really naughty and not listening to a word we say.

Id say try cutting out the following things first - cakes, sweets, biscuits, processed and fried foods, juice cordial (as the sweetener "Aspartame" in the sugar free ones can be bad for kids)
And add more fruit, vegetables, nuts/seeds and oily fish, pure fruit juice or water. Have you tried giving her omega 3 supplements?

If you read this page and the symptoms caused by synthetic foods, you will see alot of it sounds like how Abigail is.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Food-Additives-Bad-Behavior
ImageImage
ImageImage

hannah p
Newborn
Newborn

#19 Unread post by hannah p » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread! I have some products that naturally help with ADHD symptoms. I have had them approved by Steve Challum who heads up Chelmsford ADHD support group and they genuinely work (not a cure obviously but really helps with stabilising people). There is 60 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied so there is no risk on your part. All natural ingredients with no high levels of chemicals so ideal for children! For more details go to
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-f ... 8209142658. Ask me all the questions you like or email me at hannahpape82@yahoo.co.uk

Return to “Prematurity, Disabilities & SEN”