babychic

Looking After Me

For support and advice about disabilities & SEN
weezypops
Site Guru

Looking After Me

#1 Unread post by weezypops » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Looking After Me course for parents and carers of children with special needs

A free course to help parents, grandparents, guardians and carers of children with special needs is being held in South Ockendon.

NHS South West Essex’s Expert Patients Programme (EPP) will be holding a Looking After Me course at the Beacon Hill School, in Erriff Drive, starting on Thursday, 16th September 10.00am-12.30.

Led by trained tutors who have their own experiences of caring for a child with special needs, the course will run for two-and-a-half hours in the morning, once a week, for six weeks.

The course is open to all carers of children with special needs, including parents, grandparents or guardians.

The course covers relaxation techniques, dealing with tiredness, exercising, healthy eating, coping with depression, managing anger, frustration, guilt and fear, problem-solving, improving communication with professionals, family and friends, planning for the future, and much more.

Places are limited so pre-booking is essential. To book a place on the Looking After Me course, please contact Pauline Brown or Brenda McManus on 01268 705204.

Return to “Prematurity, Disabilities & SEN”