babychic

dont want to eat!!

Any questions about pregnancy, labour, birth or postnatal care? Then ask our experienced midwife for some advice.
jessiemum
Newborn
Newborn

dont want to eat!!

#1 Unread post by jessiemum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Hello

im 25 weeks pregnant with my second.

I was quite ill about a week ago, and therefore didnt eat very much as i couldnt keep anything down, for about a week. Since then although i have eaten i have never felt hungry or feel the need to eat, i have gone the whole day not realising i havent eaten. Is this normal to have a complete lack of appitite at this stage?? Even stuff i would have love to have eaten the week b4 last i cant be bothered to eat and the slightest thing fills me up i mean two mouthfuls.

Is this normal?? :?

Bruch70
Baby
Baby

#2 Unread post by Bruch70 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:07 am

Hi there,
I think it is quite probably normal, when you arepregnant you can have varying degrees of appetite and a the bump gets bigger, your stomach has less room and feels full quicker. Despite all this, the baby seems to grow perfectly well! I would suggest trying to eat several small meals/snacks a day so you keep ur blood sugar level up and try to include all the healthy food groups, calcium, vitamins and other minerals. Often the baby will be fine, it will thrive despite what we do! But you may find yr body is depleted of its resources a bit either soon or fairly surely after the birth. It does take a bit of conscious effort sometimes but you're both worth it!!

Hope this helps and sorry took a while to reply, been that busy time of year!!
Warm wishes,
Vicky

Return to “Ask the Midwife”