babychic

32 weeks pregnant & experiening pains at night

Any questions about pregnancy, labour, birth or postnatal care? Then ask our experienced midwife for some advice.
Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

32 weeks pregnant & experiening pains at night

#1 Unread post by Terri88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant & am having so much trouble at night.

I keep waking up every 30 mins roughly and im in pain down the side im sleeping on so im having to turn over (which is no easy task). I've had it the last couple of weeks but last night was the worst i've had it. It hurts a lot when i have to turn over & i sometimes physically get stuck!

I have had sciatica with both pregnancy but feel this is not that as the pains tend to be around my ovary area.

I was hoping someone may be able to advise me as to what this could be or have any advise as to how i could sleep more comfortably (pregnancy pillow does not help due to the amount of times im having to move at night as im having to move that aswell)

Thanks x

XxJack~AcexX
Our very own Christmas Elf

Re: 32 weeks pregnant & experiening pains at night

#2 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 am

Hey ya huni. Ahh darl I no exactly how you feel.
I too posted a lil while ago in the daily thread that I have to constantly change sides im sleeping on as the pains that you get is horrid.
I no hun that your joints/bones get softer along with the excess weight that we are carrying obviously doesnt help.
I saw my midwife Friday and mentioned this along with the spd ive got and they refered me to a physio.
Do you see your m/w soon huns as mention to them or give them a call anyway for advice, it will make you feel better. It did me.

My bubs/bump is measuring bigger than it should be, its my 2nd baby and along with the softness of the bones etc at this stage it is the cause for me.
I hope you get advice and feel better soon. You have my sympathies darl. x
ImageImage

ImageImage
Im Gemma, mummy to my 2 gawjus boys. Im married to my childhood love Dom xXx

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#3 Unread post by Terri88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:25 am

Thank you hun, that explains a lot.

I have the midwife again tomorrow so i will mention this to her. My stomach is also measurring above average (my daughter weighed 9lb 2oz & i had a lot of water) so no doubt i have another large baby.

I think i get a bit worked up as i had a c-section with Beau & am always anxious about any kind of pains etc around the scar- its reasuring that this seems to be a common complaint though.

They are worth it in the end though :)

(i must say im finding this site really friendly)

BirthAffinity
Explorer
Explorer

#4 Unread post by BirthAffinity » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 am

Do mention to your midwife tomorrow, but is likely to be ligaments softening and head starting to think about getting into your pelvis! Is uncomfortable. You can try sleeping a little bit more propped up - some women find being more upright more comfy. A good sized pillow between your knees can also help.
It may be a temporary thing where your tummy is having a bit of a growth spurt and will settle down in a few days. You can also try a warm hot water bottle or paracetamol if discomfort is bad. Hope this helps and all settles soon! Xx
Lorraine Berry
BSc(Hons) Registered Midwife, Natal Hypnotherapist
Birth Calm, Confident and Relaxed

http://www.birthaffinity.co.uk

XxJack~AcexX

#5 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

Terri88 wrote:Thank you hun, that explains a lot.

I have the midwife again tomorrow so i will mention this to her. My stomach is also measurring above average (my daughter weighed 9lb 2oz & i had a lot of water) so no doubt i have another large baby.

I think i get a bit worked up as i had a c-section with Beau & am always anxious about any kind of pains etc around the scar- its reasuring that this seems to be a common complaint though.

They are worth it in the end though :)

(i must say im finding this site really friendly)

Ohh wow huni, it will be nice to no how it all goes 2nd time etc and how big your 2nd bubs will be too!
My first lil man Jack was also 9lb 2oz born by c section eek! Ohh its crazy how so many of us atm are all experiencing alot of the same things too ahh.
Did you go over due with your first?
Jack was induced after 12 days the lazy lil toad.. one thing after another still didnt come out and ended up distressed so had to have a c section 41 +6 so nearly 2 wks over!

I have a growth scan when im 36 weeks as bubs is bigger than they expected! Do you darl?
How you feeling atm? I so anxious and looking forward to the scan and meeting bubs at 39 weeks with an elective c section. xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#6 Unread post by Terri88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 am

how weird is that i.e the weight of our little ones. Beau was a week late exactly, i had a 22 hour labour, epidural only worked one side & i had the hormone drip being pumped into me, Beau became distressed also so i was taken to theatre. I must say though after all of that the spinal block was absolutely amazing.

Im abit nervous about the elective c-section as when your in all that pain etc anyway when they say you need a c-section it doesn't seem so bad but to know you are going into hospital to have an operation its rather daunting, atleast we'll be getting something wonderful at the end of it.

I havent been offered a scan at 36 weeks as of yet but would love one just to have a sneaky peak at him again. I have a consultant appointment next week as i have decided to go ahead with the elective c-section (the thought of the scar rupturing is enough to put me off attempting VBAC).

Its nice to speak to someone who is experiencing exactly the same as me x

nubs
Retiree
Retiree

#7 Unread post by nubs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Ya
I have spoken with Gemma about this previously as I had an emergency c-section with Jack and then an elective with Sam, I found that in Sam's pregnancy I had a lot of pulling pains and discomfort everytime I had a growth spurt or the fidget had a good wiggle and the only thing I could put it down too is the lack of elasticity in the scar tissue.
Having an elective c-section was the best decision I have ever made and the recovery afterwards was really good as I hadn't laboured x
Kris, Jack & Sam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGTCZlm/]
[/url]

rachel jane
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#8 Unread post by rachel jane » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I've never had a section but in my last pregnancy i used to get this pain when i turned over in bed it was a sharp pain in my ovary area not nice but i just put it down to pregnancy. I remember the last few weeks you get NO sleep whatsoever!

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#9 Unread post by Terri88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks girls,

the last thing i want to do is go through a long labour (as they allow you to go 16 hours) again then end up having an emergency c-section, my recovery was not great after that.

Im feeling a lot more positive about things now, its nice to not feel like your the only one x

XxJack~AcexX

#10 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Ohh bless ya huni.
As Kris said we have been talking alot about things and its always good to chat to other people that have experienced etc, as have said the girls on here and the support is lovely :D

Hun I decided to go with the elected c section exactly for that reason as I too didnt want to go through so much and distress along with the baby. However now the look is that I would HAVE to have the c section no matter as bubs is measuring larger.. but we will see how much the minx pops out at.

Ohh yes it is so strange isnt it we have similiar things going on atm....I simply cannot wait tho :D
I think too as we have another child already we cant just simply go with the flow. Im pleased things are planned so I have got my head around it all. Cant wait for Jack to meet bubba Ace x

Hope the midwife goes well 2mor hun. Let us no how you get on, where do you go? I have mine at Southend Hosp.
Take care girly x
ImageImage

ImageImage

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#11 Unread post by Terri88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

My midwife is at my doctors surgery along west road westcliff. its a brilliant doctors.

I'll keep you posted x

XxJack~AcexX

#12 Unread post by XxJack~AcexX » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 pm

How did the midwife go today huni? x
ImageImage

ImageImage

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#13 Unread post by Terri88 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Gemma,

The midwife went well, bumpy is still measuring above average (actually on the above average line :/ ) & he is still breech. The midwife has said even if i had not opted for a c-section it would have been looking like the likely option for me anyway due to this. May have a ten pounder!!

I managed to prop myself up in bed last night which helped a little with me sleeping (not a great night though).

I also asked the midwife about the clicking noise i've heard in my stomach and she said she's heard of this a few times but has no explanation for it, very odd, glad i was not the only whos experienced this as i thought i was going mad.

How are you getting on?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#14 Unread post by Jenn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 am

oh no - breech :( james was breech for a while too and so is Helenas baby (milliandme). wow 10Ib - how big was Beau?

Terri88
Newborn
Newborn

#15 Unread post by Terri88 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:04 am

Beau was 9lb 2oz but she was a week late, she was rather long/tall. i really was hoping to get a 36 week scan to have another sneak peak but the midwife said theres no point as im having a section anyway- BOO!!

Return to “Ask the Midwife”