babychic

Stickastyle - Childrens decoration stickers

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
Schmushe
Blissful

Stickastyle - Childrens decoration stickers

#1 Unread post by Schmushe » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I am probably the worst person to product test decoration stickers for children’s bedrooms due to my patience levels, but I guess maybe in a way I represent a large portion of the population nowadays who wants everything done as fast and as easily as possible, but I decided to do it as I found I was intrigued by the company saying they were able to be repositioned without leaving marks.

First a bit about the product from the company:-
Stickastyle are colourful decorations for children’s rooms. They are large, colourful self-adhesive stickers that are quick and easy to apply. Stickastyle sets are made from a durable fabric and uses the latest in self-adhesive to ensure that the stickers can be repositioned many times over without causing marks or residue to the surface.
http://www.stickastyle.co.uk

The types of designs the company offer were ranged, I would probably say they were suitable more for children under 7 years old (boys), however the range for girls could be used a bit longer due to the types of pictures....butterflies and fairies.

When I received the stickers, I was impressed with the quality of them, (I chose the butterflies), and a little uncertain because there were no instructions – I mean how hard could it be to stick some stickers on the wall I hear you say....but I was unsure about what kind of wall coverings it would be suitable for, if it would pull the paint off the walls, and exactly how many times could it be repositioned!!
The stickers came on a massive piece of paper which was a pain to remove the stickers properly, I found I was half creasing some to get some off, and the antennas on the butterflies ended up sticking to the back and even falling off (the smaller butterflies).
I tried sticking one in a area which if it did affect the paintwork it wouldn’t matter, and I tried repositioning it a good 9 or 10 times, and it was still sticky, when I finally decided to position it on the wall, it was fairly easy to do so, and wasn’t too bad at removing the creases. They are bright and colourful and if I am honest they do look good.

The test came when I showed my 2 year old daughter – she loved them, she spent a good 10 minutes looking at them, the colours, talking about them flying near her bed, which was lovely. We have had them up nearly 4 days and she hasn’t attempted to pull them down, but I guess if she does, they will be able to be re-stuck!!

So now the review...Personally the cost is a factor from my perspective, £30 for a sheet of stickers, I cant imagine it would be something I would rush out and buy, but they certainly are lovely, and bright, colourful and child friendly, so would make a lovely decorative part of your child’s bedroom / playroom. If the company offered smaller sized stickers of the same quality but cheaper I probably would be more tempted. I would be intrigued to know just how many times they are able to be re-stuck on to the walls, and what impact it would have on certain wall coverings....But I would give this product a very good 7/10

Schmushe
Blissful

Re: Stickastyle - Childrens decoration stickers

#2 Unread post by Schmushe » Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 am

Just an update on these....Well they have been up since Feb this year...JUST!!
I am a bit disappointed, they have started to peel off the wall and wont stick back on again! It seems to of lost its sticky and its such a shame as they looked really nice.
Am glad I didnt pay for them - £30 for 3 months worth - No way near good enough in my opinion!!

LCornabe
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Stickastyle - Childrens decoration stickers

#3 Unread post by LCornabe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm

I purchased two transport jumbo sets after reading this review. I have had them up since my sons birthday, 3rd March and they are as sticky and as flat on the wall as when we first put them up. I have also rearranged his room and moved the stickers around a few times. I spent £90 and think it was great value for money. Much cheaper than redecorating his room and a lot quicker too.

Return to “Reviews”