babychic

Anyone been to Charley Choys?????

Give us your honest review of a product you've bought and help other parents make informed decisions before they buy!
Bumble
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

Anyone been to Charley Choys?????

#1 Unread post by Bumble » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 pm

If so whats it like?

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#2 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:24 am

OOoh - I posted this same message about 4 weeks ago and no-one replied! However - I have been now.

It's like a gigantic hotel buffet - like you get in SPain or wherever. On side is the starters - garlic bread, chips, crispy duck with pancakes etc, won tongs, chinese ribs and bits and pieces. Also a very small sushi section some saladdy bits etc.

The next side is the stir fry section - all the raw ingrediants - you pick it out and they cook it for you while you wait in sweet and sour, or plain sauce (I think?)

The next side has like 6 or seven curries and things like 2 types of rice and a side dish like chick peas or something, you could ask for freshly made naan bread too and the last side has a pizza and a lagasge (which were a bit dried out when we went). Then there is a dessert bench as well.

It was good as we were in a big group and so we all got our food quickly and easily and if you liked that type of food then you could eat as much as you wanted to.

I however found the curries very spicy and even the pizza had chillies on it (I find lots of food too hot tho) although I still managed to eat enough.

I wouldn't choose to go there in a small group personally because I quite like being served in a restaurant and having the choice of different foods but as I say for a big group then it is quite good.

It is very modern looking up there, dark lighting etc, the bar is quite small and sometimes it took ages for us to get our drinks and a lot of the staff struggled to understand our drink orders.

Think that covers most of it? Feel free to ask any questions if you have any! HTH

Bumble
Difficult Teenager
Difficult Teenager

#3 Unread post by Bumble » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks, we're going for a works do next weekend, about 10 of us and wanted a change from east/wok & grill. I never even knew this place was there!

Jenn
Great-Grandparent
Great-Grandparent

#4 Unread post by Jenn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:09 pm

People have said it's a similar style to WOk n grill although I have never been there as not too keen on chinese food. It's been there a while now - it's because it is upstairs so you can't actually see into the restaurant - a lot of people don't know it is there!

There were quite a lot of families in there when I went!

Return to “Reviews”